Monday, July 28, 2014

BOOK REVIEW - DEAR DAUGHTER



TITLE: Dear Daughter
AUTHOR: Elizabeth Little
PUBLISHER: Viking Adult
RELEASE DATE: July 31, 2014

FROM GOODREADS:  As soon as they processed my release Noah and I hit the ground running. A change of clothes. A wig. An inconspicuous sedan. We doubled back once, twice, then drove south when we were really headed east. In San Francisco we had a girl who looked like me board a plane to Hawaii.

Oh, I thought I was so clever.

But you probably already know that I'm not.


LA IT girl Janie Jenkins has it all. The looks, the brains, the connections. The criminal record.

Ten years ago, in a trial that transfixed America, Janie was convicted of murdering her mother. Now she's been released on a technicality she's determined to unravel the mystery of her mother's last words, words that send her to a tiny town in the very back of beyond. But with the whole of America's media on her tail, convinced she's literally got away with murder, she has to do everything she can to throw her pursuers off the scent.

She knows she really didn't like her mother. Could she have killed her?

MY THOUGHTS:  
I am so glad I was able to receive an early copy of this book from Pengiun. If it wasn't for First to Read, I may have never given it a second glance. Janie was convicted of killing her mother 10 years ago and has just been released on a technicality. Janie is now trying to figure out who actually killed her mother with just one glitch, she hadn't ruled herself out of the short list of suspects. This book was wonderfully written for the author's first novel. It is full if pop culture references and Janie herself is a blast. She is full of cynicism and snarkiness, two traits I dearly love. This book contains a mesmerizing mystery and the ending had me yelling for more. I will definitely be recommending it to others.

RATING: 4 PAWS 

1 comment:

  1. She was convicted for killing her mother and she's not even sure if she did? I'm curious what the technicality was and how they found it after 10 years. It's crazy that she doesn't know and thinks she can find out after so much time has passed.

    Lindsi @ Do You Dog-ear?

    ReplyDelete