Monday, November 24, 2014

Bye Bye Rudy

TITLE: Fashion Faux Paw
AUTHOR: Judi McCoy
PUBLISHER: SIGNET

FROM GOODREADS: It's Fashion Week in New York and Ellie's in charge of the dogs' modeling outfits that match their mommy-mdoels for a fashion competition. But before the first round closes, one of the designers drops dead of anaphylactic shock, her Epipen useless because someone's emptied it.

The victim's peanut allergy was well-known, so Ellie and her dog Rudy must comb through the brash designer's rivals, colleagues, and many enemies to discover who was so desperate that she committed the ultimate crime of fashion.

MY THOUGHTS: Although I usually read urban fantasy and paranormal books, every once in a while I like to mix things up. A few years ago I started reading a few cozy mysteries here and there and found that nothing cures a reading slump like one of these quick reads. It also helps when I can find cozies that have either a paranormal element, or one with dogs as I am a sucker for furry 4-legged friends.

I remember stumbling on the Dog Walker series in the library a few years back and picking up the first installment. Since August 2012, I have now devoured all six in the series. Sadly to say the author passed away in 2012 and it was sad to see an except at the back of this book for a story that will never be read.

Ellie is a dog walker in New York who started life over after divorcing a creep who allowed no pets in the home. She picks up Rudy from a shelter and finds that he contains the soul of a childhood pet. She also finds she is now able to hear what dogs are saying. Rudy and Ellie end up finding themselves in a few predicaments and she starts sleuthing and finds out that as a team, they are pretty good. Like most cozy mysteries, this is a quick read. I have come to love the characters so much, it doesn't even matter if I can guess who the killer is before the book ends. I will miss Rudy and Ellie along with her other dog friends. Sad to see this series end.


RATING: 4 PAWS


1 comment:

  1. This sounds like such an adorable series! I am sorry that the author passed away :(

    ReplyDelete