Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Top 5 Wednesday - Books I'd Save in a Fire

Top 5 Wednesday was created by Gingereadslainey on booktube and can also be found on goodreads.  The link is located HERE.  This week we are looking at what 5 books I would save in a fire.  Although it was a fairly easy choice, I would hate to leave any behind (and of course, photo albums and scrapbooks would be first, but that wouldn't make for an interesting post).



1.  The Complete Tales and Poems of Winnie-the-Pooh by A.A. Milne.  This was a gift several years ago from my mom and dad as they know Winnie and all his friends have always been near and dear to my heart.  I lost Dad almost 2 years ago and I would definitely have to grab this one first!



2.  The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams.  My husband bought this for me this past Christmas and since I have never read it, it covers all the books, and I love this cover, this would go with me as well.

3.  It - Stephen King.  When I was in high school, I remember the folks going on a trip and bringing this book back for me since I couldn't go with them.  My father, and now my husband, shares my love of horror so I would have to grab this for sentimental reasons - and because it is a damn fine book!

4.  The Art of Racing in the Rain  - Garth Stein.   I love this book and know I will reread it again and again in the future.  It is one of my all-time favorites so it would go with me as well.

5.  My kindle Fire.  It may be cheating, but I have tons of books on it and it takes up no more space than just one so out the door it goes!  (I am sure I am not the only one who will include it on the list).

What made your list?  Leave your link so I can visit your blog!



2 comments:

  1. You should read Hitchhiker. It's so fun! And that cover is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. IT is one of my top five all time favourites! I love the book so much and I'm not sure how many times I've read it. Makes me want to read it again right now!

    ReplyDelete