Saturday, August 19, 2017

Stacking the Shelves (124) / Sunday Post

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves or TBR piles, may it be physical or virtual.  This means you can include books you buy in a physical store, online, books you borrow from the library or friends, review books, gifts and of course, ebooks! The original meme was started over at Tynga's Reviews. And it now has a new co-host where individuals can link up as well - Marlene from Reading Reality.  Clicking on the book (or title) should take you to the Goodreads page.  I'm also now linking up with the Sunday Post which is hosted by Kimberly@Caffeinated Book ReviewerI'm hoping to discover some new blogs to love.

This week is a mix up of all kinds of books.  I have a couple of physical books which I ordered from Abe Books.  It was actually cheaper to get a used coy of "Oath of Dogs" which looks brand new than it was to either grab it for my Kindle or order it.  Even shipping was free. Then I found a video of dog related horror books while cruising BookTube one night and I've been on a quest to grab some. Many are older so I've had to do some scouring.  I found "Dog Kill" for cheap and in pretty good condition for a really old book as well.  (I'm working it out in my head to have something going next year where I read one of the dog horror books each month - we'll see).

The I grabbed the following books for free.  "Monster Hunters International" has been on my wishlist forever so when I saw it free, I jumped on it.  I also saw Jennifer @ The Book Den mention "Gravel Switch" on her August horror releases so when I saw it for free, I was thrilled.  Finally, need I do more than show you the cover or "Released: The Shapeshifter's Library #1" for you to understand why it's now sitting on my Kindle?

And I scored a few great books for review.  "Terminal Alliance" I had featured on a Can't Wait Wednesday post a few weeks ago and was very very happy to get an approval email. "Black Bird of the Gallows" was sent to me from the author and Entangled Teen.  Hope I love it since I've hyped it enough!  "Dial Meow for Murder" is the second book in a new cozy series Stormi and I started last year (or maybe earlier this year - it's all running together now) and Booker T and Cass featured it a while back.  I got the new Hunter Shea novella "Money Back Guarantee." (Look for reviews from Stormi and I for the second novella in this series Thursday) and Xpresso Book Tours sent me a copy of "Princesses of the Night."  Plus as I mentioned yesterday, Jackie Bouchard sent me an early copy of her newest book "Stray Magic" for review.

I did grab a few books from the library, but I'll wait and show them next week.  They are mainly graphic novels anyway.  So all in all, a great week!  What did you add to your stacks?



45 comments:

  1. Love the cover for Dog Kill! Yes to children getting eaten! I've read the start of Monster Hunter International and I liked it but for some reason I never finished it, which is weird! I keep meaning to go back to it. I'm collecting horror books ready for horror month in October and I'm excited by a few new ones I grabbed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan on starting horror month around mid September if I can manage it. Of course, we read horror all year round so I consider us hard-core horror lovers. Almost choked on your comment "yes to children getting eaten." We are so much alike!

      Delete
  2. Glad to see you have lots of new books. I hope you enjoy them all. Happy reading and enjoy your weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Geybie. Hope you have a good week too!

      Delete
  3. I need to go back to the library, as I love browsing there. My problem is always grabbing too many books and not being able to read them. A little self-control?

    Enjoy your books and your week, and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no self control at the library. It's like I see all the books and suddenly want all the books.

      Delete
  4. Great haul, now you do know the dog will probably die in dog horror right...lol. :) I do like the looks of that book though! I want some of those you got today!! Put a lot of them on my wishlist. :) Enjoy!!!

    Have a great reading weekend!
    Stormi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think I'm mentally prepared for some dogs to die. However, if they take out some people along the way, then hopefully they will not die in vain :)

      Delete
  5. I started An Oath of Dogs but I got sidetracked. I hope to get back to it soon. And I'm so curious about Black Bird of the Gallows, how cool that the author sent it to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to start it soon. Way too many review books right now.

      Delete
  6. Wow! That's a lot of awesome dog books you got! Dog Kill looks the most interesting!

    Here’s my Stacking the Shelves!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Got me curious about Terminal Alliance as I've seen it in a few posts lately. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked one of his other series and this one sounds like such a fun read that I couldn't resist requesting it.

      Delete
  8. An Oath of Dogs looks really interesting. Dog Kill looks a little scary, and Black Bird Gallows... hmm, curious about that too! Nice mix of books this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg. It's quite an eclectic mix huh?

      Delete
  9. The Monster Hunter International books are fun as hell, I've read a couple of them and enjoyed them a lot. Before I got to finish the series though, I got distracted by Correia's other series the Grimnoir Chronicles which is excellent as well. But one of these days I really need to get back to MHI.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear you enjoyed them. I'll have to look into the other series you mentioned.

      Delete
  10. I love that cover for Blackbird of the Gallows. I hope you love it too so I'll have more reason to look further into it.

    I also love the idea of reading one dog horror book a month next year. Good luck with that if you decide to do it. - Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie. I hope I can pull it off and it goes as planned. I may end up cutting out a challenge or creating my own altogether in order for it to get done next year.

      Delete
  11. Great haul!! I can't wait to hear your thoughts about the dog horror books!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dog Kills and An Oath Of Dogs sound great. I love my local library and always manage to walk out with way to many books. Thanks for linking up to the Sunday Post and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmm. I'm not sure I've never read a dog horror story. Those both look intriguing, though. I am excited for Blackbird of the Gallows. Hope you love them all! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and congrats again on your new job!

      Delete
  14. So many great looking books. I want to read Dial Meow for Murder, but I still have the first one on my Kindle to read. I have to read that one first. I hope you enjoy your books and have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a cute series - I think you'll like it.

      Delete
  15. Abebooks is kind of addicting, once you get into it! I've found many old and foreign copies of books that I want. Usually I wait for Abebooks to email me a 10% or 15% coupon and then I strike. :D I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Have a fabulous week, Barb. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is addicting. And if you order several, you end up getting fun book mail on several days which is also fun.

      Delete
  16. Ooh. Those books look so good! I recently bought some used books through Amazon. They arrived promptly and in great condition. I also do that for back issues of graphic novels my son reads. I need to go check out Abebooks now! Thanks for the heads up.

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dog Kill looks scary! On the other end of the spectrum, Terminal Alliance just cracked me up! It's HILARIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooo! Monster Hunter is still free and I grabbed it. Thanks, Barb and enjoy all of your reads :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great new books this week! I hope you love them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. An Oath of Dogs looks great.
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. my favorite would have to be Black Bird of the Gallows because crows! and.. "Where harbingers of death appear, the morgues will soon be full." wow who could resist that??? sounds so Gothic and dark and all the good things! I can't wait for your review!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really need to get to reading Oath of Dogs -- I've had an ARC for a while. Hope you enjoy the new books!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh love the cover for Gravel Switch. Looks awesome. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I can't wait to hear what you think of Oath of Dogs. It is on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete