Saturday, November 11, 2017

Stacking the Shelves (136)/Sunday Post

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves or TBR piles, may it be physical or virtual.  This means you can include books you buy in a physical store, online, books you borrow from the library or friends, review books, gifts and of course, ebooks! The original meme was started over at Tynga's Reviews. And it now has a new co-host where individuals can link up as well - Marlene from Reading Reality.  Clicking on the book (or title) should take you to the Goodreads page.  I'm also now linking up with the Sunday Post which is hosted by Kimberly@Caffeinated Book Reviewer

So once a year, a local church in our town has a huge book sale.  They gather donations all summer long and then run it for a week in November.  They take the proceeds and split them with 4 other town charities so it's a win-win for everyone.  Pretty much prices go down as the week progresses and if you're a book lover, you need to go at least twice because they have tons of boxes in reserve and they fill in as time passes.  We're talking a huge basement with table after table of books.  And the best part about it (depending on how you look at it) is that it's 2 blocks from my office.  So today I just want to share with you the books I grabbed from the sale.  There's very little rhyme or reason to them but you will see a theme.  There wasn't much horror available but there were tons and tons of mysteries. 


The Loop - Nicolas Evans
The Complete Sherlock Holmes - Edited by Laurie R. King
A Very Merry Christmas - Lori Foster
Sole Survivor - Dean Koontz
The Truth of All Things - Kieran Shields
Unleashed (Melanie Travis #7) - Laurien Berenson
What a Ghoul Wants - Victoria Thompson
Putting on the Dog - Cynthia Baxter
Doggie Day Care Murder (Melanie Travis #15) - Laurien Berenson
Dog Eat Dog (Melanie Travis #3) - Laurien Berenson
Brownies and Broomsticks - Bailey Cates
Witchful Thinking - H.P. Mallory


Best in Show (Melanie Travis #10) - Laurien Berenson
Jingle Bell Bark (Melanie Travis #11)- Laurien Berenson
Hot Dog (Melanie Travis #9) - Laurien Berenson
Hush Puppy (Melanie Travis #6) - Laurien Berenson
Finding Mr. Right - Emily Carmichael
Dog Stories - James Herriots
Hounded to Death (Melanie Travis #14)- Laurien Berenson
A Pedigree to Die For (Melanie Travis #1)- Laurien Berenson

So pretty much I got 20 books for $25.00 and it all went to a good cause (at least that's what I keep telling myself - that and that it's a once a year sale).

So what did you add to your stacks this week????




52 comments:

  1. Just a few doggy books to add to the collection...no surprises there! I wish there were decent book sales near me! All I get access to are car boot sales and the books there tend to be old romances and crime novels! I might have grabbed a few dog ones from your sale just for the sake of trying them. I do have a few I got free on Kindle which I'll save for your readathon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the main one I try to hit each year. We have 2 library sales during the year but they always seem to be at times I can't make it, plus they aren't as good as this one. Can't wait for you to participate in February!

      Delete
  2. I love book sales! Unfortunately, we don't have many of those here :) I hope you'll enjoy your new books, Barb!
    Have a wonderful weekend and happy reading.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lexxie and hug the pups for me - big paws and all!

      Delete
  3. 20 books for $25 is indeed a great deal and with the plus that it went to a good cause! I guess you will be immersed in mystery for a few days ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, they had TONS of mystery. They will get spread out as you know me, I like variety!

      Delete
  4. Oh wow that does sound like great shopping for a book lover! Glad you found so many goodies to enjoy and charity was helped too so double win!!! My Shelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad it goes to a much needed cause.

      Delete
  5. I'd say that is a win win. I wish there was some sale like that around here where I live. Hope you enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They take donations from the whole town which is why I'm sure it's so big.

      Delete
  6. Wow, that's quite some bargains! :-) Lovely haul. I hope you enjoy these books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh look at all the lovely books!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Book sales are fun! Enjoy your haul, and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it would have been easy to spend hours there - and dangerous to the bank account.

      Delete
  9. Looks like a great haul for you this week! Hope you enjoy all your awesome new books. - Katie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what a deal! You're well stocked up for books this winter! :D

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. Gotta have some fun mysteries to get through January and February once the holidays wind down.

      Delete
  11. Now that's a book haul! I've been to a couple church yard sales, and they do tend to have inspirational, cozy mysteries, and self-help books. I've yet to find any scary or racy books. I have a thrift store book haul planned, I hope I'm as lucky as you were!! Enjoy your books :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They had a variety partly because the whole town donates. However, I just don't think there are many horror lovers in my town and the ones who are probably don't donate to church book sales.

      Delete
  12. This totally looks like a book fair that I would need to stop by many times during the week. It looks like you picked up enough to keep you busy for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. I was shopping during lunch so I had to grab and no second guessing.

      Delete
  13. What a find, all of the dog stories! I was looking forward to seeing your haul. Well done!

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I've been wanting to read that series and had planned on Kindle reading them but for that price, they were cheaper than getting them on my Kindle.

      Delete
  14. 20 books for $25? Gosh that's brilliant! no guilt allowed!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That book sale is making my mouth water. Only to find all the space for those books :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loooove a good book sale!! Just coming back home with a bag full of books is the best!!
    Thnx for stopping by! :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, such a colorful haul. Hope you enjoy your new books!

    Thanks for visiting Shell's Stories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all the colors and that St. Bernard is too cute.

      Delete
  18. I love book sales like that and for a good cause- bonus! Getting a ton of books for such a good price is always awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. You can’t beat 20 books for 25 dollars, I think. Good job!

    Http://readerbuzz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love booksales like that - and no guilt spending the money because it all goes to a good cause :) Happy reading - looks like your book haul is going to keep you busy for a while :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, like I needed more books to keep me busy!

      Delete
  21. Book sales are so fun! I would have sooooo many books to donate to a book sale, honestly. I need to get rid of/donate some. O_O I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Have a great weekend. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard for bookworms to get rid of books though.

      Delete
  22. Doggie books! I hope you have a good week and enjoy your new books!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Woooow, that book sale sounds really amazing. I would really look forward to that each year.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks like a good haul -- and an aaaawesome sale. Wow. Hope you enjoy 'em all!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looks like some wonderful books you picked out, and what a great deal. I hope you enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
  26. You did get a great deal. I've been wanting to read the Berenson books. It looks like a fun cozy mystery series. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh that's exciting. I love a good book sale. Our library system does one each year and, whew, it's dangerous. Nice yours is going to a good cause :)

    ReplyDelete