Sunday, May 27, 2018

Sidetracked Sunday #5 - The Graphic Novel Edition


This month's choice comes from a series I absolutely love.  In fact, without double-checking, I'm pretty sure all the volumes have gotten at least 4/5 paws from me or higher.  Usually I grab the new releases as soon as I can from my library, but this time around, it took a tad bit longer - almost 6 months.


TITLE: Saga Vol. 8
AUTHORS: Brian K. Vaughan & Fiona Staples
PUBLISHER: Image Comics
PUBLISHING DATE: December 27, 2017

FROM GOODREADS: After the traumatic events of the War for Phang, Hazel, her parents, and their surviving companions embark on a life-changing adventure at the westernmost edge of the universe.

CollectingSaga 43-48.



MY THOUGHTS:  It's a tad hard to review Volume 8 without giving too much away but I will say Saga continues to enthrall me and it's a series I hope doesn't end anytime in the near future because I'm not ready to say goodbye to most of the characters.  This volume does add in a new surprise love story but I have to be honest, I kind of saw it coming and I was thrilled.  I didn't get much Lying Cat but Issue 48 pretty much centered around my much beloved Ghus.  The art in this series continues to please and amaze and the story line remains refreshing despite encompassing issues 43-48.  Since it's hard to not spoil much else, let me leave you with some of the great artwork.

MY RATING: 5 PAWS

One of the best scenes in the entire volume!

You gotta love Hazel.....

Ghus goes to some pretty heroic measures to save his best pal Friendo.

So if you haven't started this yet, this summer's a perfect time to start.  Vol 9 releases in October!

14 comments:

  1. Everybody seems to love this series. I should really give it a whirl.
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great one and the story lines never get old!

      Delete
  2. I really need to try this series! Just cause that little Seal? is so cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! I keep hearing such good things, but I haven't yet picked this one up. I really need to! :) Glad to hear your enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it when a series keeps on giving.
    sherry @ fundinmental Sunday Memes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So few do so it's nice to run into one that does.

      Delete
  5. I have heard so many great things about this series. That is a great scene you shared :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The whole book is full of great and sometimes horrifying (but great) things!

      Delete
  6. Saga! Yes! I only saw the love story coming and started shipping them like a page before it happened and was really excited when they kissed on the next page lol. They actually do seem good together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they the best couple. I'm so glad the book went there!

      Delete
  7. I have heard so much about this series and want to start it sooo bad!

    :) Megan
    https://gingermomreads.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it. It's the series that kind of got me interested in graphic novels.

      Delete