Friday, December 21, 2018

Weekly Reads (12-21-18)


So Christmas is rapidly arriving and it seems to be coming whether I'm ready or not.  I still need to do some baking, visit Gpa Saturday, wrap presents and READ!  I'm not getting in my usual amounts and it makes me CRANKY.  And this is not the season to be cranky.

So we really only watched one movie this week but it was awesome - Venom.  I wasn't sure I would like it but Tom Hardy was near perfect in it and I've come to realize I'll pretty much watch anything with him in it right now.  Plus, he does star in one of my all-time faves - The Drop.  If you haven't seen it, you must watch it and if you have, then you'll understand the next line..."It's a boxer."

I'm sure we'll be watching Bird Box on Netflix tonight.  

So here are the four books I need to finish before I can even consider reading anything else.  I'm about 100 pages into both "Seven Days of Us" and "In Dog We Trust."  I haven't even started "The Last Woman in the Forest" yet and I still have to read my buddy read with Stormi for this month. I feel like this picture is like that game "Which one doesn't belong?"



And finally, MARSHALL WON!  It was a great game and not really a blow-out even though Marshall never trailed the entire game.  No one was hurt and Marshall has won their last 6 bowl games.  GO HERD!



Oh and a funny story.  When I went to college, Dad and I were walking through the buiding above.  It's called Old Main and it's where all the business offices are -we were paying tuition.  Well, the floors were old and creaky and Dad commented that he hoped they used some of the money to fix the place up.  That was Dad for ya!

So what plans do you have leading up to Christmas???

14 comments:

  1. Glad your alma mater won! We are headed to San Antonio to the Alamo Bowl after Christmas to cheer on our alma mater, the Iowa State Cyclones. I am looking forward to warmer weather and TexMex food and margaritas!!!! Hope you like The Last Woman in the Forest. I don't know anyone else who has read it so I look forward to your review. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that sounds like so much fun. I remember your warning about "The Last Woman in the Forest" so I hope it doesn't taint my rating too much! Have a safe trip and I'll be cheering your team on!

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed Venom! It came out on my husband's birthday, so we had an impromptu date night! Also, we later found out that Tom Hardy had visited where he works, though he'd had the day off -- super bummed about that! They'd done an early screening of the movie for some of the military and their families. What a day to be off, right? ;)

    Lindsi @ Do You Dog-ear? 💬

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! A chance to meet Tom Hardy! That stinks that he was off. Man, didn't he have a friend who could have picked up the phone and told him to stop by!

      Delete
  3. Haha, now that you mention it, I guess that Hunter Shea book does stick out like a sore thumb :D

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you team won, Barb! I haven't done any Christmas baking and really should get busy and make at least something. I hope you have a fantastic holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to the Herd! I'm hoping for a good result for my team today but I'm not greatly confident! I'd hoped to get The Devil's Fingers done this year but it isn't going to happen. Maybe next month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know, I had not heard of Tom Hardy until now (yeah, I'm crawling out from under my rock, lol), but he looks SO SCRUMPTIOUS!! So I looked him up. I'll be on the lookout for him from now on! :)

    Of the books you've listed here, I want to read "Seven Days of Us". I LOVE that plot!! (The cover, not so much. Lol.)

    How nice that you're visiting your Grandpa today! I hope he's doing GREAT, and that he has the BEST Christmas ever!! <3 <3

    CONGRATS TO THE HERD!! :) :)

    I'm struggling to get some reading done, too.... And, like you, I get CRANKY when I can't read as much as I'd like!!! LOL.

    I'd like to wish you and your family (including the pups, of course!) A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!! LOTSA HUGS TO YOU AHD THE PUPS, AND "WOOF, WOOF" TO THEM!!!! <3 <3 <3 :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hoped you enjoyed Bird Box! I was going to watch it last night, but wrapping gifts took way longer than I anticipated. I hope you and your family (dogs included of course) have a lovely Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen in dog we trust around how cute! Good luck finishing your four books and getting ready for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you guys manage to watch Bird Box? I thought they did a really great job with it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome!! I hope you were able to watch Bird Box! I really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh all the puppies. I need them all. lol Hope you're having a good one!

    ReplyDelete