Tuesday, August 27, 2019

TTT - 5 Books I Just Might Preorder...

The top 10 weekly meme used to be hosted by The Broke and the Bookish they  handed over the reins to ThatArtsyReaderGirl who can be found HERE.  Each week she will focus on lists which cover various topics related to books and reading.

This week's topic has to do with books I'd like in my personal library.  I collect a few kinds of books but on the whole I'm an impulse reader/buyer.  I also like to use my library as much as possible.  That being said, Fall is a great time for new releases so I'm sharing 5 books I'm SERIOUSLY considering preordering - something I rarely do.

I do actually collect hardcover Stephen King books so whether I preorder this one or not, it will be on my shelves soon - releases September 10th.

So it's Prince so of course I'm all over it.  This book actually has the beginning of the memoir he was writing before he passed.  So sad it wasn't finished but then there were a lot of sad things about his death.

I want this to go with my other illustrated editions.  However, these make great Christmas gifts so I may hold off on it and have Mr. Barb get it at the holidays.

My chief complaint about Gwendy's Button Box is that I felt like there was so much more to tell.  Glad I was right.  This one comes out November 19th - just in time for my anniversary!

Do you see a theme?  This one comes out October 1st and it's another one I'll have on my shelf one way or another.

So there you have it!  

28 comments:

  1. I'm curious about The Institute! As with all new Stephen King books these days though, I think I'll wait for some reviews before picking it up! :D

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think his newer stuff is so much different but I still enjoy it. However, sometimes I wish he'd go back to his old school days.

      Delete
  2. The Goblet of Fire is my favorite Harry Potter book, I'd love to have that illustrated version for my shelves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first three are so gorgeous. I bet this one weighs a ton though.

      Delete
  3. I'm going to have to buy a copy of The Institute too. I feel like it's been ages since I read a King book, maybe this will be the one to break me out of that slump😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should then. Or at least pick up Dr. Sleep in preparation for the movie!

      Delete
  4. I'm so behind on Stephen King's books. I really need to catch up on what he's published in the last decade or so.

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I skilled the Bill Hodges books but have them and want to pick them up. I have been staying pretty current but have a few I need to fill in here and there. Oh, and I never read Elevation. I own it, but just haven't gotten around to it.

      Delete
  5. i don't think i've read any joe hill though i have seen his name around. i think i even have a book or two on my kindle
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy his stuff and read Heart Shaped Box before I even realized he was King's son.

      Delete
  6. The HP illustrated books are gorgeous! I bought my daughter the first one for Christmas a few years ago, but haven't gotten any of the others. If money were no object, I'd buy them all as well as a new set of the original HP books since mine are so battered.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are quite expensive. But such a treasure for your daughter if she keeps them over time.

      Delete
  7. I hardly ever preorder either. Full Throttle looks like it'll be a fun read. I'm getting Duel vibes lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wish Hill would do another full length novel. His last two have been compilations of novellas and they don't always work for me.

      Delete
  8. YES to The Institute! I already preordered the Waterstones edition! It sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I need to see what that one looks like. Is it a lot different?

      Delete
  9. I pre-ordered The Goblet of Fire too and can't wait for it to arrive! The illustrations in these books are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. God, the HP illustrated editions are always so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. Then I say you preorder yourself a present :)

      Delete
  12. I very rarely pre-order, a couple here and there - but this is a great list. I like the look of the Joe Hill book - will have to go and take a good look at that one.
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is cool but there is another edition with an even better one.

      Delete
  13. I am COUNTING DOWN til GoF comes out this fall! It's beyond gorgeous and I need it!! I'm also contemplating pre-ordering Cassandra Clare's new series in the spring....I've never pre-ordered and I feel like it might throw me down a rabbit hole of possibilities!

    Morgan

    My TTT: https://deservedly.wordpress.com/2019/08/27/ttt-books-ive-read-that-id-like-in-my-personal-library/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen the cover for that one and it looks gorgeous.

      Delete
  14. Gwendy's Magic Feather has a fabulous cover. 😍

    The Prince book sounds intriguing. I didn't know he had started a memoir. I would love to read his own thoughts. I'll have to add it to my Kindle list. 💜

    Yes, the illustrated Harry Potter books make great gifts! I was going to have Baz buy me Goblet of fire for my birthday, but I want the deluxe edition of the UK Tales of Beedle the Bard, which I hope comes down to around $80 by Christmas, so I'm going to have that be my birthday and Yule gift from him, and I'm going to buy GoF for myself. ⚡

    ReplyDelete
  15. I totally preordered Full Throttle. Joe Hill is my favorite! I'm kicking myself for not preordering The Institute though! It's getting such awesome reviews!

    ReplyDelete