Saturday, November 9, 2019

What's Happening (11-09-19)...

So I'm doing things a tad bit differently this year and will be combining all of my regular weekend posts.  This will enable me to add more content on Fridays and it is just starting to make more sense.  I'll still be linking up with Stacking the Shelves at Tynga's Reviews and Sunday Post at Caffeinated Reviewer.  Both blogs are awesome so make sure you check them out.  

So I guess things are going better.  Mr. Barb is still under the weather because that medicine did a number on him but at least we know what happened and now it just takes time to heal.  He's not been sleeping well so he's being Grumpy Cat.

Cass is doing well but hasn't seen his friend Jack all week.  I think the time change messed up walking schedules so I've been trying to remedy that for him.  It's basically been a pretty average week which I'll take but I will say the temps are getting too cold for my liking.

I have been getting some reading done but as always, I need more time.  Don't we all.  Here's is what's up next on the stack.  I'm about 100 pages into The Remaking and The Puppy Who Knew Too Much so at least there's that.  Look at those poor puppies in the middle of all that horror!


So it's been a while since I've done a haul so here we go.  I ended up getting 2 physical books from Barnes & Noble.  I really wanted the Bethany Blake one because it's a spin-off of the Petsitter Mysteries but darn it, it was a Barnes & Noble exclusive. Luckily I had a gift card I've had for a while so I picked up A Brushstroke with Death and got The Pomeranian Always Barks Twice which is a new series and ALSO a B&N exclusive.  Please tell me that's not going to be a regular thing!


And now for review books.  I got one of my most anticipated books this week and I'm thrilled to have Cold Nose, Warm Heart to read in the new year.  Another one I also featured on Can't Wait Wednesday is King of the Dogs, Queen of the Cats. Both of these are January 2020 releases.  And on the horror side of it, I also got The Return and The Chill. Looks like I have a lot of good reading ahead in 2020!


And finally, Cass showed off his Mickey Mouse bandana on instagram this week.  Thursday was a rainy day and our walks got cut short so he cheered himself up with The Mouse!


So I hope you all had a wonderful week and have lots of fun plans for this weekend. 

25 comments:

  1. Cass is looking sharp as always there and you can't go wrong with Mickey! I'm glad that Mr Barb is on the mend-I'm always grumpy when I've been sick too! Love the cute Pom cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Mickey is the best. Mr. Barb is feeling lots better now and I'm glad :)

      Delete
  2. Cass always looks so handsome in his bandanas😁 I'm so curious to hear what you think of The Remaking! I can't believe I still haven't read it. And I'm also dying to read The Return but I've got too many books to read as it is, so I'll just enjoy everyone else's reviews😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I finished it and hope to have my review up Thursday. I really liked it and it would have gotten 5/5 but felt a tad disconnected with the MC. That being said, the formatting was great and I definitely recommend it.

      Delete
  3. There's nothing wrong with a routine week - it's great! It's getting cold here at night too. Have a wonderful week and enjoy those new reads.

    Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post   

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, routine is nice and very much appreciated.

      Delete
  4. Love that pic of Cass! So cute. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I think he's rather adorable as well :)

      Delete
  5. Nice haul! I was also sucked in by the description of The Return and my curiosity got the better of me so I had to request it. The Chill looks interesting, I'll have to look that one up!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with needing more time. Those puppies are so cute! Puppies and horror = the best! But not puppies in horror because that's never good for the dog. I need to get a copy of The Return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, definitely no puppies in horror - it rarely ends well.

      Delete
  7. quite of variety of books and the critter book covers are adorable. i don't care much for the cold either
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got The Return too! I'm actually quite excited for it and I might not wait till 2020 to dive in. lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. A Brushstroke with Death looks cute. And oh no- I hope the walking schedules get worked out. :)

    Nice bandanna there Cass! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The walking schedules are okay but this was our first real snowy morning and tomorrow is supposed to be super cold. I don't know how that will go!

      Delete
  10. I love the cover of Cold Nose Warm Heart (of course!) and love the photo of Cass in his Mickey Mouse bandanna. He looks very dapper!I need to get some bandannas for my daughter's dogs and maybe for my son's mini dachshund. Good ideas for Christmas!The Puppy Who Knew Too Much looks darling. I have the first book in that series, I think.

    I'm sorry Mr. Barb still doesn't feel very well. Hope he gets better soon.

    Hope you have a good week, Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The time change has done a number on us. It has thrown off all of our schedule. I hope Mr. Barb is feeling better soon. Lots of new books this week to enjoy. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely picture of Cass in his bandana - I hope you managed to sort his walking schedule out ?
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete