Thursday, December 24, 2020

2 Bloggers 1 Book - Mistletoe & Mr. Right

 

Stormi and I both loved the first book in this series so we were super excited to read this one.  And it turned out to be a great Christmas read!   So read on for my thoughts and then head to  Stormi's at Books, Movies, Reviews! Oh My! to see her opinion! 


TITLE: Mistletoe & Mr. Right (Moose Springs #2)
AUTHOR: Sarah Morgenthaler
PUBLISHER: Sourcebooks Casablanca 
PUBLISHING DATE: October 6, 2020


FROM GOODREADS: 

How the moose (almost) stole Christmas.
Lana Montgomery is everything the quirky small town of Moose Springs, Alaska can't stand: a rich socialite with dreams of changing things for the better. But Lana's determined to prove that she belongs...even if it means trading her stilettos for snow boots and tracking one of the town's hairiest Christmas mysteries: the Santa Moose, an antlered Grinch hell-bent on destroying every bit of holiday cheer (and tinsel) it can sink its teeth into. 
And really...how hard could it be? The last few years have been tough on Rick Harding, and it's not getting any easier now that his dream girl's back in town. When Lana accidentally tranquilizes him instead of the Santa Moose, it's clear she needs help, fast...and this could be his chance to finally catch her eye. It's an all-out Christmas war, but if they can nab that darn moose before it destroys the town, Rick and Lana might finally find a place where they both belong...together.

MY THOUGHTS: So I basically adored this book ALMOST as much as the first one.  Lana has pretty much invested a lot of family money in order to revitalize Moose Springs and help it prosper.  She is building a set of fancy condos and has lots of other ideas.  The problem is, the town hates tourists and they pretty much hate Lana.

Now I have to admit Lana grated my nerves in The Tourist Attraction. I kind of thought she was a bad friend to Zoey and was rather annoying.  I even sort of dreaded reading a whole book centered around her.  However, I quickly warmed to Lana.  She really wants to help the town because of a connection she felt with it when she was young.  She wants to win everyone over which is why she even volunteered to try to capture the Santa Moose - a local moose which appears every Christmas and destroys Christmas decorations everywhere.  I LOVE the concept of Santa Moose and the author has created a town where I think I might be able to live - despite the fact that it's Alaska and it's extremely cold and snowy.  

Rick also turns out to be a great love interest for Lana.  He loves animals and has a pet hedgehog he builds winter scenes for and dresses in cute clothing.  He is also taking care of his nephew Diego, which is no easy feat.  He is divorced and not looking for love.  He can't deny his attraction to Lana but also feels he is way out of her league.  And their first date is pretty interesting.  Let's say I'll never look at squirrels the same way again!

This book is a perfect place to lose yourself and fall in love with some wonderful characters.  I do believe I probably softened to Lana more than Stormi did, or at least more quickly, but I'm pretty sure we both enjoyed this read tremendously.  So glad we area closing 2020 with a great buddy read!

RATING: 4 PAWS (only because I liked The Tourist Attraction a tad bit more)


11 comments:

  1. I like that Lana is more appealing in this book. I need to read thee books, they sound perfect for this time of year😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are and I do think they would be an enjoyable break for you!

      Delete
  2. I have the first one from the library and hope to read it before it comes due. December is my read what I want time so hopefully it will happen.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you managed to read the first one and loved it. I'll make sure to hop over to your blog soon and catch up!

      Delete
  3. Yeah, I think I would like to live there too if it wasn't so cold! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Tourist Attraction was such a fun read, I'm glad this one was almost as good. :) P.S. Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lark. Sorry it took so long to get back to you. December is crazy even though we had a low-key Christmas.

      Delete
  5. Sounds fun! And a hedgehog pet can't go wrong. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? Mr. Barb would have scored some more points when we were dating if he had a cute hedgehog :)

      Delete
  6. I love the sound and look of these books. They sound like the kind of book that work really well after you've read something a little more demanding.
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete