Friday, November 19, 2021

2 Bloggers 1 Series - Temptation Ridge

 

So once again Stormi and I are diving into the Virgin River series.  Even though we are taking our time with them, neither one of seems to be finding them boring so I'm hopeful maybe next year we can finish up.  I do know that as soon as I put one down, I'm always in the mood to pick the next one up.  So read on for my thoughts and then hop over to Stormi's  at Books, Movies, Reviews! Oh My! to see what she thought as well.

TITLE: Temptation Ridge (Virgin Rive #6)
AUTHOR: Robyn Carr
PUBLISHER: Mira Books
PUBLISHING DATE: February 24, 2009
PAGES: 416
SOURCE: Library/Hoopla

FROM GOODREADS: At twenty-five, after five years as her mother's caregiver, it's time for Shelby to experience freedom and adventure. Time for travel, college and romance. But when she visits Virgin River, she runs into Luke Riordan, decidedly not whom she has in mind.

A handsome Blackhawk pilot, Luke exited the army after twenty years, four wars and having been shot out of the sky three times. At thirty-eight he's tough and jaded. His major was in one-night stands, with a minor in commitment avoidance.

Technically, these two are all wrong for one another. But sometimes what you want and what you need are two different things...two very good things.

MY THOUGHTS:  Just when I think there's no way the author can introduce characters I love as much as the previous ones, I'm proven wrong.  This book introduces up to Luke, who is entirely new on the scene, and Shelby, who we got pieces of during the last book.  Shelby has come to Virgin River to stay with her Uncle following her mother's death.  She put her life on hold for several years caring for her mother and is now ready to experience the world.  And to her, experiencing the world means experiencing Luke Riordan, a retired Blackhawk, who has arrived in town with lots of baggage.

I love how Carr shows us the development of relationship and admits when something starts out as pure lust rather than covering it up in insta-love.  And personally I've also fallen in love with the little town of Virgin River.  I could totally see myself settling down in such a place which if pretty darn scary if I say so myself.  This book also lets he visit some of our old favorite characters however I'd be remiss to say there just isn't enough Preacher in the book.  

I'd say it's says a lot when 6 books into the series and I'm still giving out such high ratings.  I can't wait to pick up the next one and I can't recommend this series enough.  I will warn you there's a pretty heavy death in this one and without spoiling things, let's just say I wasn't prepared.  However, Preacher is safe so I'm good to continue on!

RATING: 5 PAWS





6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are enjoying it. I have only read the first book.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad we are still enjoying this series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty hard to go wrong with carr. gotta play catchup with her work
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always nice when a series sustains the momentum, and this does sound like a cool setting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a hard time feeling invested in books when they don't have good characters. Glad this one was enjoyable for you!

    Lindsi @ Do You Dog-ear? 💬

    ReplyDelete