Sunday, July 23, 2023

Farm News - July 23, 2023

 

So I'm doing some blog revamping now that I've actively gotten back into it.  I wanted to make sure my attempt stuck before doing too much.  So my question today is what do you think of the new Farm News graphic?  Do you prefer the old one better?  I'd really appreciate your feedback. I never really loved the one i was using recently.  Now on to the update!

This week has been hot and humid. We've had the occasional stray thunderstorm here and there but luckily nothing too bad or that caused too much damage.  I've been talking Apollo for walks before work and on my morning break because in afternoons, it's just been too much for him.  Bandana summer has now become a permanent thing as the poor boy just doesn't look right without one.  I actually snagged him some new Halloween ones this past week and it's a great way to honor Cassius's memory.

We spent a lot of the evenings this week watching 1923, one of the Yellowstone spinoffs.  I feel in love with the characters and even though Alexandra drives me nuts at time, her and Spencer Dutton's love story is one for the ages.  I may like this one better than the original show but we've now finished all 8 episodes and who knows when Season 2 will arrive.  We also watched the series finale of Mayans, Inc.  Mr. Barb has always been more interested in the show than I have but I have to admit, it did become rather addictive.  I am glad it has ended though as I've had about all I can take, and it never did measure up to Sons of Anarchy for me.

I was able to do some reading this week and hopefully get more done this weekend (I usually draft these posts on Friday evening).  I read a romance which was good but was a tad too long which took up some time but now I'm engrossed in a thriller and they usually read faster for me.  I did haul some books this week but will gather them up to share next weekend.  I do want to showcase a beautiful hardback Kensington sent me.  The Exorcism was one of the first movies Mr. Barb and I rented and watched when we started dating (yes I remember VCR rentals) and it scared me to death - and I loved it.  I'm excited to learn more about the film and the filming experience.



So how was your week?  Did you watch or read anything you think I should check out?

8 comments:

  1. That is so cool! That cover is creepy! I remember watching The Exorcist in my mid twenties and it scared me so much I couldn't watch it in the dark...lol. I had to stop and watch the rest the next day...lol.

    Have a great week!
    Stormi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you've already bought Halloween bandanas for Apollo! I guess we'll be seeing decorations in the stores soon, lol. Have a good week, Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, The Exorcist Legacy looks good! I'll have to check it out. Glad you didn't get any of the bad damage from storms like we had here a week or so ago. Have a good week! The book you're currently reading is on my TBR. And I like the puppy on the Farm News button.
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the new graphic! I do hope you select an easier to read font if you are making changes though. #SOAForever!

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Farm News graphic. Very nice. I haven't watched Yellowstone so I didn't watch the spinoff. Do you have to watch the original first or does the spinoff stand on its own? The Exorcist Legacy looks wonderful. I hope you enjoy it. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do like it. It looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep seeing ads for 1923 and it reminds me that I definitely want to start Yellowstone the main series. So much to watch, so much to read, so little time though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo... I want to read that Exorcist book! 😯

    I hope you had a great week. ☀

    ReplyDelete