Tuesday, September 1, 2015
Top 10 Tuesday - 10 Characters I Didn't Click With
This top 10 weekly meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and can be found HERE. Each week they focus on lists which cover various topics related to books and reading. This week we are looking at characters we didn't click with. I don't know if I have time to come up with all 10, but let's see what quickly comes to the top of my head.
1. Bella Swan from the Twilight series. There is no doubt in my head that she is at the top of this list. I can look back and know I read these books because I jumped on the bandwagon, and they were somewhat entertaining at the time, but Bella always has and always will drive me mad.
2. Anastasia Steele from the 50 Shades series. She and Bella are the same person right? So enough said.
3. Cassie from The 5th Wave. I didn't really like this book and definitely did not give it the love a lot of others did. I didn't really care what happened to Cassie and still don't. I know I won't pick up The Infinite Sea.
4. Alice from Alice in Wonderland. I finally read this classic this year and while I enjoyed Wonderland for all its fabulous characters, Alice got on my last nerves. I didn't connect with her and toward the end, was hoping someone would success in "offing" her head.
5. Roz from The Mistake I Made. I just recently completed my review and I just didn't connect with Roz at all. The plot was ok, but I could take Roz or leave her.
6. Everyone from Gone Girl (except Margot). It was a decent enough story, but I have said time and time again that I didn't really care for anyone in this book other than Nick's sister. That shows you how good a writer Flynn is because I still gave this book 4 stars.
7. Feyre from A Court of Thorns and Roses. (Ducking my head because I am sure some people want to throw things at me). I just didn't like her. Hoping the next book includes more about her "mean" sister.
8. Hook from Alias Hook. Never have been much for Peter Pan stories so I am unsure why I insisted on reading this book. I didn't really click with anyone.
That's about all I can easily come up with although I am sure there are more. Who made your list and do you agree with any of these?