Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Can't Wait Wednesday (94)


Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings to spotlight highly anticipated books.  It is based on the Waiting on Wednesday meme which used to be hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. 






FROM GOODREADS: Fifteen people are trapped on Skek, a barren island in the middle of the North Sea somewhere between the coasts of the UK and Denmark. Over the years this place has served many purposes a fishing settlement, a military outpost, a scientific base but one by one its inhabitants have abandoned its inhospitable shores. Today it s home to Hazleton Adventure Experiences, an extreme sports company specializing in corporate team building events.

Life there is fragile and tough. One slip is all it takes. A momentary lapse leads to a tragic accident, but when the body count quickly starts to rise, questions are inevitably asked. Are the deaths coincidental, or something else entirely? Those people you thought you knew well, can you really trust them? Are you standing next to a killer, and will you be their next victim?

A horrific discovery changes everything for everyone. There s no way home now, and a trickle of rumors becomes a tsunami of fear. Is this really the beginning of the end of everything, or a situation constructed by the mass hysteria of a handful of desperate and terrified people?

The lower the population, the higher the stakes.

Kill the rest of them, before one of them kills you.

WHY I CAN'T WAIT:  The simple nature of the cover immediately caught my eye and I really want to find out what is causing the body count to rise.  


WHAT CAN'T YOU WAIT FOR THIS WEEK????

33 comments:

  1. The story sounds interesting but I admit I've never been a fan of the author, so probably wouldn't be reading it. I'll be interested in your review, if you get your hands on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never read anything by this author - not that I remember. I'm interested to see what I think.

      Delete
  2. I've seen this one around and it sounds like a good thriller. I hope you enjoy it!

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Tressa AND for hosting this new feature.

      Delete
  3. OK, this one sounds so good! Added it to Goodreads :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's one catchy title and cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the title is what first caught my attention.

      Delete
  5. Wow, that takes team building to a whole new level! I love the sound of this one, and the title too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. Glad my office hasn't tried that type of team building exercise.

      Delete
  6. Nice, I remember adding this book to my wishlist as soon as I saw the title - it's definitely something else. I wish the cover was more attention-grabbing though!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the cover is sort of striking (it's totally the colors) but it really doesn't tell you anything about the book.

      Delete
  7. Oh wow! I haven't read anything by David Moody but this one sounds really good. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Bonnie and thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  8. Worst team building exercise ever lol! I hope you enjoy it when you get a chance to read it! here's mine: http://editingeverything.com/blog/2017/02/08/waiting-oncant-wait-wednesday-forget/

    ReplyDelete
  9. You got me with this one, I want it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Covers are so important. This sounds like a good one to me. Hope you enjoy it.
    sherry @
    fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like an interesting read, Barb! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Brandee. Hope I like it!

      Delete
  12. Barb...just stumbled across a book with a cool sounding dog. Wanted to give you the heads up that this is FREE on Amazon right now in case you don't have it:Cherise Kelley-Dog Aliens 1: Raffle's Name. I snagged a copy as I'm curious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! Thanks. I just went and grabbed it. How cool.

      Delete
  13. Well, that's a title that'll catch attention! It sounds interesting. I can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, it sounds like something I said over the past weekend as well :(

      Delete
  14. Oh, this sounds fantastic! I hadn't heard of this one before. Thank you so much for sharing.

    -Lauren
    www.letsgetbeyondtolerance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Me wants it. LOL This sure does sound good, Barb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I though it sounded awesome as well!

      Delete
  16. This sounds like my kind of read. Good find, Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  17. holy cow! just the title makes me want to read it! and then "
    Kill the rest of them, before one of them kills you." YAY! Enjoy it Barb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound like something we would love right?

      Delete