Saturday, May 25, 2019

What's Happening...(05-25-19)

So I'm doing things a tad bit differently this year and will be combining all of my regular weekend posts.  This will enable me to add more content on Fridays and it is just starting to make more sense.  I'll still be linking up with Stacking the Shelves at Tynga's Reviews and Sunday Post at Caffeinated Reviewer.  Both blogs are awesome so make sure you check them out.

So I hope you all had a wonderful week and if you're celebrating Memorial Day, have fun.  Things at The Farm are well.  I'm hoping we don't get all the rain they are forecasting for this weekend because I want to finish up the flower bed.

I managed to finish watching "Big Little Lies" last week and loved it.  However I've not read the book so is a 2nd season really necessary?  I'm just afraid if it isn't, they will ruin it.  We watched "See You Yesterday" on Netflix which was good...until the end.  It was a sudden ending and resolved NOTHING!  If you've watched it, let me know how you interpreted it.  In AWESOME news, the trailer for "The Art of Racing in the Rain" finally dropped.  I LOVED LOVED LOVED that book and have been waiting on the movie forever.  And Kevin Costner voices Enzo.  It's close to perfect.  



 


 I did get some reading done and am progressing on "NOS4A2."  I'm really enjoying it and am almost at the 300 page mark. However, I have to get some other reading done so it  might sit for a few days.  "Biloxi" came in on Overdrive so I had to start this new release.  It's about an elderly retiree who goes out to get his medication one day and instead adopts a dog named Layla.  And he's never owned a dog before.  Only about 20% in but I am liking it so far. However, my main complaint is see that dog on the cover?  That is clearly not Layla.  Do people even bother to read the book when they are doing the covers?   I also need to dive into "Magic Slays" because it's for the series buddy read Stormi and I are doing this month.  I find them to be quick reads once I start.  


I've also received some great review books lately so it's about time I show them off.  I was thrilled to get "Imaginary Friend" and even more curious to see how the author transitions from "Perks of Being a Wallflower" to a horror novel.  But brace yourself, this puppy is over 700 pages.  "The Nobody People" is getting a lot of buzz and comes out in September.  "One by One" is an upcoming horror release from Flame Tree Press.



"The Dog I Loved" is one I've been anticipating.  The author does a good job of working dogs into her tales and I've read some of her other works and really enjoyed them (and you knew there'd be dogs here somewhere right)?  I've been in the mood to read a few romance titles this summer so I grabbed "Don't You Forget About Me" and let's be honest, how many of you are now singing that song?  And finally "Marley" looks like something I might pick up at Christmas.


So I hope you all had a great week.  Did you watch anything good and did you add any books I should know about?



22 comments:

  1. I was put off Imaginary Friend by a few reviews on Goodreads, one of which commented on a lot of religious stuff in it. That and 700 pages doesn't make me that keen but the plot is interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the religious stuff might turn me off some but I'm still willing to try.

      Delete
  2. I have NOT read The Art of Racing in the Rain. I don't know why. I could have met the author in March but didn't go see him. I will probably read it before the movie comes out. Thanks for the heads up for Imaginary Friend. I requested it on NetGalley so fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely have to read The Art of Racing in the Rain. It's sad but not in a tragic way if you get my drift. I may even plan a reread soon. I hope you get Imaginary Friend as well.

      Delete
  3. I've had a good week although very poor wifi at the moment so not been able to visit people - which is frustrating.
    I really need to start NOS4A2 so this is a good reminder. Imaginary Friend looks interesting - although 700 pages - eek!
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Than stinks about your wifi. I almost hit the halfway mark on NOS4A2 this weekend which isn't bad considering I'm reading other things as well. I think I'm at least safe tow watch the first episode or so.

      Delete
  4. That trailer is fantastic! I definitely don't want to miss the movie. I was tempted to request Imaginary Friend but I think the page count is scaring me. And also, I just finished a really good book with a dog character and thought of you. Deception Cove. My review will be up this week😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to read your review as I'll be starting that one soon!

      Delete
  5. The Art of Racing in the Rain looks good but sappy! ;) I love that Kevin Costner is the voice of the dog! I need to get One by One too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love him as the voice and never really expected him to be the one cast but he's a perfect Enzo!

      Delete
  6. I loved Big Little Lies (both book and show) but no- I don't think a 2nd season is necessary :) At all. But, I heard that the author was involved in writing it, so that's a good sign maybe, and I'll be honest- I'm looking forward to it.

    Hope you have a great Memorial Day (and that the rain holds off)!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will watch the second season as well because it's such a great cast. I just hope they don't ruin it. Hope you had a great holiday too!

      Delete
  7. I'm curious about Imaginary Friend for the same reasons! It just seems like such a departure from Wallflower, but then again, it's been so many years so who knows how much his style or views have changed. All I know is this should be interesting! :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 20 years is a long time between books. Lots could have changed huh?

      Delete
  8. I love the Kate Daniels series! One of my favorites! I was listening to the audiobooks (I'm up to 7 or 8) but my local library doesn't have the rest of the series. It's okay, I bought the entire series in paperback, and cannot wait to pick up where I left off! I hope you enjoy Magic Slays!

    Lindsi @ Do You Dog-ear? 💬

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished Magic Slays yesterday and adored it. All the characters are so great and such action. I also love Grendel but is that really any surprise?

      Delete
  9. I'm on the fence about a second season of Big Little Lies as well! It seems pretty unnecessary to me, but I LOVE that cast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cast is awesome and the first season was done so well! I will miss looking at the individual who died but man, they were such a jerk can't say I didn't see it coming.

      Delete
  10. I'm scared to read The Art of Racing in the Rain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sad at the end but not in a tragic way. And Enzo is so great you simply must meet him.

      Delete
  11. Wow, I didn't know the Perks author was writing a Horror Story. Ha ha. I will be waiting for your thoughts! 😯

    I hope you got good gardening weather and are having a good week. 🌼

    ReplyDelete