Friday, January 17, 2020

What's Happening (01-18-19)...

So I'm doing things a tad bit differently this year and will be combining all of my regular weekend posts.  This will enable me to add more content on Fridays and it is just starting to make more sense.  I'll still be linking up with Stacking the Shelves at Tynga's Reviews and Sunday Post at Caffeinated Reviewer.  Both blogs are awesome so make sure you check them out. 


So there was no post last weekend and I apologize.  Life just became too much.  Nothing bad but with my first full week back to work and then I had to travel out of town for a work meeting one day.  Things just got the best of me.  But anyway, on with the update!



So Apollo continues to grow.  He and Cass are getting along fairly well. They had a marathon session of playing Wednesday night and Cass got head butted in the eye and it started to swell. I went into panic mode but Mr. Barb was pretty sure it wasn't the actual eye but beneath it.  Needless to say I worried all night but I'm happy to report Cass is fine.  I made the pup leave him alone for a while Thursday and honestly, neither seemed too happy about it.  Here are some update pics of Apollo.



This shows that he has doubled in size if not more.  I refer to PUPPY LAG a lot and it's not so much that he's keeping me up at night, it's just a lot of juggling with vet appointments, taking him out (only once) in the middle of the night, and constantly keeping tabs on the little fella.

This is Cass with one of his favorite toys taking time out from the lil' brother.

And this shows that I think our dog may be broken.  He loves to play this "game" with Dad.  Sorry for the bad quality.  It's hard to catch him doing anything in good lighting :)



We have been watching some things on TV but not a lot of movies.  I finished Season 2 of YOU and all I can say is Joe, I'm really worried about this last relationship of yours.  Needless to say I'm thrilled it's been picked up for a third season.  We also watched the Dracula mini-series.  It was odd and that's the best way I know to describe it.  It was three 1 1/2 hour episodes and I could have really done without the last one.  I watched Midsomar while I was off sick one day and WEIRD.  It was free or I never would have started it.  They take a lot of drug inducing herbs in the movie and I kept thinking so may have the writers.  It may have helped if they had shared some with the audience too.  



I've been reading some and hope to pick up some great books this weekend. This is what is on tap.  



And here is my haul for the past several weeks as it's been a while since I shared.  I thought Past Lives with Pets sounded pretty interesting and let's be honest, I couldn't resist the cover of Nocturnal Farm.   I featured The Finders on a Can't Wait Wednesday some time back and was thrilled when I was approved for it.


I was really intrigued by the premise of Ghosts of Harvard and I've been seeing The Down Days all over the place and come on, how can you resist that cover?  And I'm beyond ecstatic to have a copy of The Only Good Indians.



And finally, I'm turning things over to Cass for his latest installment....


STUPID S**T MY BROTHER DOES:

1.  He eats dirt.  Seriously, he roots around in the backyard and loves to eat dirt.  Doesn't he know that he needs to hold out for treats and food?  I've tried to tell him but he doesn't listen.

2.  He grows like a weed - hey, maybe that's what's up with all the dirt.  He gets bigger by the day.

3. When he gets the zoomies, stand back.  That boy is fast!  Of course not as fast as me.  

4.  We now touch each other.  I actually like playing with him but he needs to learn not to hang on to my neck.  I can't even wear bandanas right now because it's gives him more hold.  And he also needs to learn that when I am done, I am done.

5.  He STILL likes to chew on Mom but admittedly not as much as before.  All I can figure out is the truth may be out and he knows she loves me more.

So how was your week?

21 comments:

  1. Yay, we get pics of Apollo! What a sweetie! And it's good to hear the pup getting along - Cass is such a good big brother putting up with Apollo's shenanigans!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cass is a Saint. There's no other words for it. He's so patient with the pup. I also thinks he kind of thinks he's gonna go away soon. I don't know how to explain it but we let him know every day his puppy is here for keeps.

      Delete
  2. Cute pic of Apollo and I'm not surprised that Cass is being worn out by the wee guy! He'll calm down soon Cass and then think of the fun you can both have! The Down Days does have an interesting cover! I'm intrigued by that cover for Nocturnal Farm and I might just grab the first book in the series...maybe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but boy, they can play so hard that sometimes we break them up so they will take a break.

      Delete
  3. Aww both dogs are so cute. Sounds like that tough puppy stage is almost over. I got The Finders as well, I must have remembered it from your blog post when I requested it😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you got Finders and yep, maybe we both should pull it out in February.

      Delete
  4. I am glad Cass was okay from getting head butted by his brother, them youngins! Apollo looks like he is all leg, lol! You got some really cool books! Trying so hard to be good and it's not totally working...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol, I loved Cass's update! I'm glad he's starting to adapt to the new puppy. Apollo is absolutely adorable!

    I started S2 of You this week and I have 4 episodes left to go. It's been interesting so far! I'm glad to hear it's been renewed for a S3 but not knowing how S2 ends yet I don't have a single clue what direction S3 will take. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWWW. The puppies. My Moxie and Lucy are having those marathon play sessions, too. It's great for them, but oh man they really get going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Sometimes we have to intervene so no one gets hurt - or nothing breaks.

      Delete
  7. I love the stupid stuff your brother does! We just brought home an 8 week Golden Retriever named Lucy last weekend and she's adjusting wonderfully to my two little terrors (I mean, kids). Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look for it to continue. Cass has plenty to share. Lucy sounds adorable!

      Delete
  8. Going back to work after a break is so difficult... and to add a trip on top of that?! Phew. I'm glad to hear the pups are doing well! I hope you have an awesome upcoming week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least it was just a day trip but driving each way 2 hours wore me out!

      Delete
  9. I remember when Molly finally decided she could play with the new puppy. They didn't stop for hours and they still spend a lot of time playing but the puppy is now bigger than Molly. I am glad Cass is okay. I hope you have a great week and enjoy all of your new books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carole. It was a 3-day weekend so that was good.

      Delete
  10. Too funny. Thanks for cheering me up with this entire post! 😁

    I love the cover of Down Days. 👍✨

    Have a wonderful new week! 🌞

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, Apollo has grown so much! And so cute. I love the movie clip! Elf and Olie touch noses now, but Olie loves to follow Elf and then jump on her. She doesn't think it's fun and yowls at him. But Olie doesn't give up. I think Elf keeps expecting Olie to leave, too! Sometimes it's a good thing puppies and kittens are so cute!

    ReplyDelete