Thursday, September 16, 2021

2 Bloggers 1 Series - Enjoy of View

 


This month Stormi and I decided to continue on with the Moose Springs series.  I was in need of a comfort read and this has to be one of my favorite series of all time.  And yes, I loved this one as much as the others and am thrilled to see there is a #4 in the works.  So check out my thoughts and then hop over to Stormi's  at Books, Movies, Reviews! Oh My! to see what she thought as well.


TITLE: Enjoy the View (Moose Springs, Alaska #3)
AUTHOR: Sarah  Morgenthaler
PUBLISHER: Sourcebooks Casablanca
PUBLISHING DATE: January 19, 2021
PAGES: 352
SOURCE: Library


FROM GOODREADS: 

A grouchy mountaineer, a Hollywood starlet And miles of untamed wilderness... What could possibly go wrong?
Former Hollywood darling River Lane's acting career is tanking fast. Determined to start fresh behind the camera, she agrees to film a documentary about the picturesque small town of Moose Springs, Alaska. The assignment should have been easy, but the quirky locals want nothing to do with River. Well, too bad: River's going to make this film and prove herself, no matter what it takes.
Or what (literal) mountain she has to climb. 
Easton Lockett may be a gentle giant, but he knows a thing or two about survival. If he can keep everyone in line, he should be able to get River and her crew up and down Mount Veil in one piece. Turns out that's a big if. The wildlife's wilder than usual, the camera crew's determined to wander off a cliff, and the gorgeous actress is fearless. Falling for River only makes Easton's job tougher, but there's only so long he can hold out against her brilliant smile. When bad weather strikes, putting everyone at risk, it'll take all of Easton's skill to get them back home safely...and convince River she should stay in his arms for good.

MY THOUGHTS: I always enjoy the grumpy/sunshine trope so I had no doubt this would turn out to be a great read. And I swear, every grumpy male in Moose Springs, and seriously, there seems to be quite a few, always put me in mind of Luke from Gilmore Girls.  And I've ALWAYS been a Luke fan.

River Lane has come to Moose Springs for her directorial debut on an Alaskan documentary.  However, no one warned her how hard it would be to get filming permits in Moose Springs, a town that definitely doesn't want any added attention.  River and her minimal crew end up getting kicked out of most of the town establishments, so she decides to take the crew and summit Mount Veil, a mountain peak known to locals as "The Old Man."  And while her first run-in with Easton didn't go off as planned, he winds up being the guide tasked with making sure River and her crew make it off alive.

I adored the banter between River and Easton and I have to say, even though the attraction between the two was almost immediate, the author never ventured into insta-love territory.  The relationship developed over time and it was never a given conclusion.  The side characters of River's crew were also hilarious, especially Jessie, who clearly had no business scaling a mountain, even on a good day.  Easton's patience often runs thin, but in the end, he had a giant heart and he doesn't want to let River down.  We also get to see Graham and Zoey from book #1 a fair amount and seriously, they will probably always be my favorite couple in Moose Springs.

And finally I have to mention the marmot.  On the way up the peak, Easton is befriended by a love-struck marmot and I never knew I could get attached to him almost as much as I was Easton and River.  Morganthaler has a way with animal additions and this one was no exception.  I can't wait to see what book #4 brings. Will it be about Easton's sister Ash?  Or Ben, Easton's assistant?  Or maybe Jax, who I have to remember I don't remember too well.  Come on, I NEED ANSWERS!

If you are in the mood for a little romance, then definitely give this series a go!

RATING: 5 PAWS





4 comments:

  1. I'm a big Luke fan too! I should read this just for that reason😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the first one

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad we went ahead and read this one, so cute! Love the Marmot pic! He was such a cute addition to the story.

    ReplyDelete