Thursday, January 6, 2022

2 Bloggers 1 Series - Blindsighted



So Stormi convinced me to give another series a try in 2022 (well, she didn't have to work too hard because I've enjoyed the author in the past).  So this month we started with the first book in the Grant County series and boy was it just what I needed!  Read on to see what I thought about it and then hop over to Stormi's at  Books, Movies, Reviews! Oh My! to see what she thought as well.

TITLE: Blindsighted (Grant County #1)
AUTHOR: Karin Slaughter
PUBLISHER: William Morrow
PUBLISHING DATE: May 1, 2001
SOURCE: Library
PAGES: 440

FROM GOODREADS: A small Georgia town erupts in panic when a young college professor is found brutally mutilated in the local diner. But it's only when town pediatrician and coroner Sara Linton does the autopsy that the full extent of the killer's twisted work becomes clear.

Sara's ex-husband, police chief Jeffrey Tolliver, leads the investigation—a trail of terror that grows increasingly macabre when another local woman is found crucified a few days later. But he's got more than a sadistic serial killer on his hands, for the county's sole female detective, Lena Adams—the first victim's sister—want to serve her own justice.

But it is Sara who holds the key to finding the killer. A secret from her past could unmask the brilliantly malevolent psychopath .. or mean her death.

MY THOUGHTS:  As I mentioned, I've read a couple of books by Slaughter in the past and really enjoyed them so I had no hesitancy in picking this one up.  I'm actually wanting to focus on some backlist books this year as I dip my toes back into the blogging world and this series seems like a great addition to my lineup.  

Sara Linton does double duty in her small Georgia town.  She's the local pediatrician as well as the county coroner.  One day she is having lunch with her sister in the local diner when she discovers a woman dying in the bathroom stall.  The scene she stumbles upon is graphic and very traumatic and the whole incident brings back memories of Sara's past.  The deaths start piling up and Sara begins working with her ex-husband and police chief, Jeffrey Tolliver.

Having read Slaughter before I know her books can be pretty graphic and contain all kinds of trigger warnings which really doesn't bother me but at least I was prepared.  The book was fast-paced and the mystery suspenseful and intriguing.  I basically read it in 24 hours on a vegetative New Year's Day.  Sara is a very complex and interesting person and I enjoy seeing some of her family dynamics as well as her relationship with her ex.  It's full of tension and annoyance but also love and respect and I'm interesting to see what happens in the future.

I'm so glad I picked this one up and don't know if we have the next one slated for February but I'm definitely hoping so.  If you love thrillers give this one a go and if you've already read it, let me know what you thought and if the rest of the books are as good as this one.

RATING: 5 PAWS




4 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE these stories with Sara Linton but I really prefer the newer Will Trent books. They are all excellent though.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Sara is both a pediatrician and the county coroner. I think I'd really like this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never read Slaughter but I've always wanted to. Love seeing a 5 star review😁

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you loved it so much! Hoping to talk you into the Will Trent series after this one. ;)

    ReplyDelete