Friday, January 28, 2022

2 Bloggers 1 Series - Hidden Legacy Series

 


So Stormi twisted my arm (well, it didn't take much twisting) and convinced me to start another new series.  I LOVED the Kate Daniels series and was excited to give something else a try by this author combo.  I'm so glad I did and we've already added the next book to our February TBR.  So read on to see my thoughts and then  hop over to Stormi's at  Books, Movies, Reviews! Oh My! to see what she thought as well.

TITLE: Burn For Me (Hidden Legacy #1)
AUTHOR: Ilona Andrews
PUBLISHER: Avon
PUBLISHING DATE: October , 2014
PAGES: 408
SOURCE: Library

FROM GOODREADS: Nevada Baylor is faced with the most challenging case of her detective career—a suicide mission to bring in a suspect in a volatile case. Nevada isn't sure she has the chops. Her quarry is a Prime, the highest rank of magic user, who can set anyone and anything on fire.

Then she's kidnapped by Connor "Mad" Rogan—a darkly tempting billionaire with equally devastating powers. Torn between wanting to run or surrender to their overwhelming attraction, Nevada must join forces with Rogan to stay alive.

Rogan's after the same target, so he needs Nevada. But she's getting under his skin, making him care about someone other than himself for a change. And, as Rogan has learned, love can be as perilous as death, especially in the magic world. 

MY THOUGHTS:  So this book opens up introducing us the the current world system and a few of the players.  The world now consists of "houses" who have various controls over different magical systems and who are the main power players in the world.  The higher your magic and abilities, the more power you hold in society.  Nevada and her family operate an investigative agency and stay afloat looking into small-time things - cheating husbands, locating people, that sort of things.  Once day she is contacted by the people who came into control of her family business and basically given an ultimatum to find Pierce, a rich spoiled adult child with his own agenda who doesn't care who he hurts or what he takes out in the process.  She knows accepted the job is basically a death decision but she has no choice.  Along they way she meets Rogan.  And let's just say, anyone who has read the Kate Daniels series and fell in love with Curren, Rogan is similar in demeanor and personality.

I devoured this book.  I love Nevada and her family.  She is headstrong and independent but everything she does, she does for her family.  She and Rogan don't exactly start out on the right foot and I have a feeling she will never let him forget it.  The dynamics between them is so much fun and so tense with frustration that I can't wait to see what happens in book two.  This book also contains plenty of action and snarky banter - two of my favorite things.  In addition, the ending wasn't necessarily a cliffhanger, but does open things up for future installments and makes me glad there are five other books in this series already written.

I you love this author duo, then you really need to give this book a try.  I will admit I consider the cover pretty cheesy and it might have turned me off from picking it up in the past but it's very misleading of what you will find in the pages in between.

RATING: 5 PAWS




3 comments:

  1. I love Ilona Andrews the most. This one is amazing. Wildfire is one of my favorite books this decade. Enjoy!

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. at least with this series i don't have to worry about starting at the beginning. sounds like a good fit for me too
    https://twitter.com/sherryfundin/status/1487582370584829954

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to read the next one I am glad we enjoyed this!

    ReplyDelete