Thursday, April 7, 2022

2 Bloggers 1 Series - Angel's Peak (Virgin River Series)

 


I can't believe Stormi and I are as far into this series as we are.  In fact, we might even get it wrapped up sometime this year if we keep moving ahead.  As much as I love this series all around, I can say there are a few things that I've noticed which are starting to irritate me but not enough to affect my ratings too much.  Plus, each time I finish one I'm always curious what the next one will bring so as long as that happens, I suppose it's a good thing.  So read on to see what I think about our most recent read and then hop over to Stormi's at  Books, Movies, Reviews! Oh My! to see what she thought as well.


TITLE: Angel's Peak (Virgin River #10)
AUTHOR: Robyn Carr
PUBLISHER: MIRA
PUBLISHING DATE: January 26, 2010
PAGES: 400
SOURCE: Library

FROM GOODREADS: Welcome back to Virgin River with the books that started it all… 

Four years ago, air force sweethearts Franci Duncan and Sean Riordan reached an impasse. She wanted marriage and a family. He didn't. But a chance meeting proves that the bitter breakup hasn't cooled their sizzling chemistry. 

Sean has settled down in spite of himself he's not the cocky young fighter pilot he was when Franci left, and he wants them to try again. After all, they have a history…but that's not all they share. 

Franci's secret reason for walking away when Sean refused to commit is now three and a half: a redheaded cherub named Rosie who shares her daddy's emerald-green eyes. Sean is stunned and furious with Franci for the deception. 

News travels fast in Virgin River, and soon the whole town is taking sides. Rebuilding their trust could take a small miracle and the kind of love that can move mountains.

MY THOUGHTS: So I have to admit when I started reading this book for about the first 50 pages I was lost.  I recognized Sean's last name so I pretty much connected him to Luke right away, and we have briefly met him before.  But the book made it seem like we should remember Franci and I don't think we ever met her.  

Sean is on extended leave from the service and visiting his brother Luke and being the playboy of the family, he's out one night scouting for women when he sees a familiar face.  He and Franci had an pretty intense relationship 4 years ago which ended when he failed to commit and she wanted something more stable.  Sean has never gotten over her so he pretty much starts stalking her because he wants to rekindle the fun they once shared.  However, soon in he realizes why Franci was so intent on settling down when he discovers a 3 1/2 year old who looks just like him. So most of the book is focused on the fallout of such a serious secret and Sean trying to convince Franci he is a changed man.

I must like like the hidden child trope that much because this book wasn't quite as enjoyable as the past ones. In addition, the case of characters has grown so large that some of my favorites just aren't showing up as much with is frustrating.  My other issue is this series has babies EVERYWHERE!  It's kind of starting to become irritating and I'm convinced it shouldn't be called Virgin River because everyone ends up pregnant!

Than being said, I did enjoy seeing some closure on a few stories from the last book and we get a good look and Sean's widowed mother and her feelings on letting love into her life again which was a nice change of pace.  At least I'm pretty confident that she won't end up pregnant.  This is the first book which hasn't gotten a 5/5 rating which is awesome when you consider it's #10.  That is definitely saying something and I will definitely be continuing on and just chalking this one up to being a bump in the road. 

RATING: 4 PAWS







4 comments:

  1. Those sorts of ironies make it harder to like a series but each book is a new romance so I suppose that is why there are more new people and more pregnancies.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad we are still enjoying the series. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Barb how are you! Glad this was a good one. I imagine him discovering he had a kid was a shocker. :) Even if it wasn't quite a 5 hopefully the series continues on strong...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you come back to regular blogging soon. ❤

    ReplyDelete