Tuesday, December 19, 2023

2 Bloggers 1 Series - Snow Angel Cove (Haven Point #1)

 


So, after finishing the Virgin River series, Stormi and I wanted something with the same small-town vibe.  She recommended this month's read, especially since it centered around the Christmas holidays.  There is a prequel series which leads up to Haven Point and we both agree that we need to go back and start with that series first though. However, that didn't mean we didn't enjoy this book.  Read on for my thoughts and then hop over to Stormi's @Storm Reads to see hers.  


TITLE: Snow Angel Cove (Haven Point #1)
AUTHOR: RaeAnne Thayne
PUBLISHER: HQN
PUBLISHING DATE: October 28, 2014
PAGES: 378   
SOURCE: Library

FROM GOODREADS: Nothing short of a miracle can restore Eliza Hayward's Christmas cheer. The job she pinned her dreams on has gone up in smoke—literally—and now she's stuck in an unfamiliar, if breathtaking, small town. Precariously close to being destitute, Eliza needs a helping hand…for her sick young daughter's sake as well as her own. But she's not expecting her holiday hero to almost run her down with his car! 
Rescuing Eliza is pure instinct for tech genius Aidan Caine. At first, putting the renovation of his lakeside guest lodge in Eliza's hands assuages his guilt—until he sees how quickly he could fall for her. Having focused solely on his business for years, he never knew that what his life was missing was Eliza and her little girl. But is he willing to risk hoping for a yuletide romance that could lead to forever?

MY THOUGHTS: This book started out with one catastrophe after another and I was secretly thinking to myself, "What a depressing Christmas book."  However, my thoughts quickly shifted, and I found myself sucked into the cozy little lakeside town of Haven Point getting to know all the unique characters.

Eliza lost her husband years ago and has been a single parent struggling with her daughter's serious heart problems.  She finally lands a job in her field just to move to Haven Point and discover the hotel she has signed on to manage has burned to the ground.  Distraught and trying to figure out her next steps, she goes to get a bite to eat for her daughter and is hit by a car and lands in the hospital.  That's how Eliza meets Aidan Caine and despite having her own personal reasons for disliking the man, she immediately finds herself attracted to him.  He feels responsible for Eliza and gives her a temporary job which will also enable him to learn more about what caught his attention.  But are both of them prepared for what happens next?

I immediately fell in love with Eliza's small daughter which is saying a lot as I am definitely not a kid person.  She was so adorable, and innocent and despite being dealt a bad hand health-wise, she embodies curiosity and the true meaning of Christmas.  I also really enjoyed getting to know some of the town residents, who are too excited Aidan has moved to Haven Point and now owns half the town.  The reader gets to see a glimpse of Aidan's family, as they all gather at his home for the holidays, and I think there is where I realized I needed to go back and read the original series first.  

Overall, I loved so many things about this book and although it will be hard for something to touch me the same way the Virgin River series did, this author might do a decent job at filling the void.  Definitely look for more reviews of this series in 2024!

MY RATING: 4 PAWS








3 comments:

  1. Glad we both enjoyed this and agree on going back and reading the other series first. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only read a few book by Thayne, but I've really enjoyed the ones I've read. I think I'd really like this one, too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed it! I haven't read this author before, but have seen a lot of sales I think when I was working at the bookstore.

    ReplyDelete