Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Feed Your TBR - Made For You

 

Can't Wait Wednesday, which I have adapted to better suit my blog as "Feed Your TBR" is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings to spotlight highly anticipated books.  It is based on the Waiting on Wednesday meme which used to be hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. 



JULY 2, 2024

FROM GOODREADS: Hi. My name is Julia. I’m a Synth. And I’m here to find love…

Synthetic woman Julia Walden was designed for one reason: to compete on The Proposal and claim the heart of bachelor Josh LaSala. Her casting is controversial, but Julia seems to get her fairy-tale ending when Josh gets down on one knee.

Fast forward fifteen months, and Julia and Josh are married and raising their baby in small-town Indiana. But with haters around every corner, Julia's life is a far cry from the domestic bliss she imagined. Then her splintering world shatters: Josh goes missing, and she becomes the prime suspect in his murder.

With no one left she can trust, Julia takes the investigation into her own hands. But the explosive truths she uncovers will drive her to her breaking point—and isn’t that where a person’s true nature is revealed? That is…if Julia truly is a person.

Told via dual timelines, Jenna Satterthwaite’s twist-filled debut deftly explores the exhilarating point where artificial intelligence, reality TV and bone-chilling murder mystery meet.

WHY I CAN'T WAIT: It seems discussions about AI are everywhere lately and I love the combo of this mixed with a mystery.  I stumbled across this book yesterday and immediately added it to the wish list.

WHAT BOOK CAN'T YOU WAIT FOR THIS WEEK???

7 comments:

  1. This sounds crazy, in a good way! Onto the TBR it goes😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally see why you want to read this one! The premise is a fun one with that mix of reality TV and AI, romance and a mystery, too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one really has me intrigued Barb! I hope that you enjoy it when you get the chance to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This certainly sounds like an intriguing twist on AI fiction, Barb! I hope you enjoy this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pick sounds like it will make a good read. Hope you enjoy it! This week I'm waiting on The Great Big Demon of Flint Hall by Peter Oxley.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds awesome! Thanks for sharing! I'm adding it to my wishlist right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh. This looks like an intriguing read. I'll be checking this out for sure.

    ReplyDelete