Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Feed Your TBR (Summer of Horror 2026 Edition)

 

an't Wait Wednesday, which I have adapted to better suit my blog as "Feed Your TBR" is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings to spotlight highly anticipated books.  It is based on the Waiting on Wednesday meme which used to be hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

This is the last Summer of Horror 2026 Edition so I will leave you with two upcoming horror titles I need to get my hands on!


September 29, 2026

FROM GOODREADS: Cole and Lorraine playtest board games for some extra cash as they save up to buy a home. But after a series of bizarre coincidences, and signing a strange NDA, the couple finds on their porch a mysterious indie developer’s tabletop role-playing game called The Ship of Death. The game relies heavily on the players’ imaginations, and takes up an ever-growing amount of space: in their kitchen, and in their minds. As its true sinister nature becomes clearer, and its forces capture more in its web, the boundary between the game and reality begins to dissolve. . . and the pair are instructed to possess a stranger’s soul.

Told entirely through game reports, emails, game forum posts, personal journals, and police reports, reading The Ship of Death feels like a dangerous dice roll. It’s a sleep-stealing, possession-inducing work of intense, intelligent found cosmic horror that announces Kyle Winkler as a spectacular voice in the genre.

WHY I CAN'T WAIT: I love the idea of a mysterious board game with a sinister nature. I need to know more!


 
August 24, 2027     

FROM GOODREADS: From The New York Times bestselling author Christopher Golden comes an atmospheric, speculative horror novel about an annual Halloween party where the lines between reality and myth are dangerously blurred.

The party takes place at Monaghan Castle on Cumha Island off coast of Ireland—it’s believed to be cursed! Ghosts, rituals, old gods, and the perfect storm for a killer Halloween party.

 WHY I CAN'T WAIT:  I'll admit that it's a long wait for this one but I just saw the cover this week and feel in love.  I also loved my most recent read from this author and am excited to read what he comes out with next!


WHAT BOOK CAN'T YOU WAIT FOR THIS WEEK????

     

No comments:

Post a Comment