I'm participating in Tammy's, over at Books, Bones & Buffy, Summer of Horror Event. It's such a great event and she encourages all kinds of horror-related posts. Unfortunately, me and Mr. Barb have recently watched some horror movies I wasn't a huge fan of, but I thought I would share some of our thoughts anyways.
Evil Dead Burn - Over the years I've really enjoyed the Evil Dead franchise, and I thought the last movie was really well done. However, this is one I wished I had skipped altogether. The story, while it made some sense, did nothing to bridge the gap between the last one and the next one and there is such a graphic dog death early on I couldn't get to the fast-forward button fast enough. And if that wasn't bad enough, you knew it was coming 15 minutes prior to it happening. I have Mr. Barb rate our movie watches for fun and he gave this one a 2/5 but personally, I would have given it a 1/5.
The Devil's Mouth - This was a recent release on Amazon Prime so at least I didn't pay any extra to watch it. I love a good shark movie and expect a bit of camp in a lot of them, but this one had some of the most annoying characters I've seen in a while. The underwater cave stuff was pretty interesting and while I didn't hate it, it definitely isn't a fave.
The Last House - This is another fairly new release except this time it is on Netflix. I'm not even sure what I watched her. Basically, people are trapped in their houses by rain and after watching it, all I can think of a fishbowl comparison where sea life is seeking revenge for years of captivity. But that's just my take and honestly, if you like survival movies, this one might interest you some.
So have you watched any good horror lately. Drop any recommendations into the comments!

No comments:
Post a Comment