Friday, June 5, 2015

Stacking the Shelves (19)

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!  The original meme was started over at Tynga's Reviews.  It's a decent haul this week so let's get started.

First up is physical books:


Zoo Finders Keepers You Mount Char

Zoo: James Patterson - I saw this at Walmart and it was a cheap paperback.  I know the TV series is coming out and since I will DVR it, I really want to read the book first.  Not a huge Patterson fan and I have seen this book get a mix of either great reviews, or bad reviews.
Finders Keepers (Bill Hodges Trilogy #2): Stephen King - This one came from Amazon this week.  I have yet to read Mr. Mercedes but what can I say, it's Stephen King so I must own it.
You: Caroline Kepnes - Recently saw a Booktuber review this and had to read it.  Managed to pick it up fairly cheap.
The Library at Mount Char: Scott Hawkins - This is my first ever physical review book and I want to thank Penguin.  I have heard it described as Neil Gaiman meets Joe Hill so I couldn't pass it up.


I have received several eARCs of the the past 2 weeks so I guess it's about time I feature them:



Visitant Lair of Dreams Acolyte Murder of Mages
Confessions Red Nights Wake Up Call Grunge

The Visitant (A Venetian Ghost Story): Megan Chance - Ghosts? Sign me up.  Releases September 22, 2015.  Thanks Lake Union Publishing.
Lair of Dreams (The Diviners #2): Libba Bray -  Ok, so technically I need to read the first one, but since I have seen so many people complaining about the length of time between the two, I am kind of glad I waited.  This one releases August 25, 2015.  Thank you Little Brown Books.
The Acolyte: Nick Cutter - Picked this up as a read now, so now I have all three of his horror books waiting to be read.  This one is already out and I have heard great things.  Thanks Diamond Book Distributors.
A Murder of Mages: Marshall Ryan Maresca - Releases July 7, 2015 and is the start of a new series.  Thanks goes out to Penguin Group.
Red Nights: Shari J. Ryan - I was sold on this one strictly from the cover.  I need to stop that.  Releases June 18, 2015.  Thanks Booktrope!
Wake-Up Call: Amy Avanzino - An interesting sounding Chick Lit novel, which I enjoy reading from time to time.  It comes out September 1, 2015 and my thanks goes to Henery Press.
Grunge, Gods and Graveyards: Kimberly G. Giarrantano.  Another one which came out last week but I couldn't pass up the 90's setting.  Thank you Red Adept Publishing for my copy.

Another nice mixture this week and I a hoping to use some for my 8 week COYER challenge.  What did you pick up?  Leave a comment so I an check out your haul!



10 comments:

  1. I like James Patterson but I admit I really hated Zoo! The idea was good but I hated the MC and found the book badly written compared to his other books. However, I do think it could be quite a good TV series and I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with it. Enjoy your books and the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sadly a lot of people don't like it much. I may try it soon to see if I can get into it.

      Delete
  2. I see a few books in your haul that are making me drool. Great stack of books this week.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking of reading Zoo too. I've actually never read Patterson, so I have no idea how I feel about his books. But I keep seeing the commercials and I feel like I should read it before i watch it. Then again, I did that with Under the Dome and I ended up hating the show because it was nothing like the book. I might have liked it, had I not read the book first.

    Cayt @ Vicarious Caytastrophe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked Under the Dome until the end...it seemed a tad weak compared to the rest of the novel. I am liking the series pretty well but my husband hates Barbie so there is always plenty of commentary when I watch it.

      Delete
  4. I haven't read any of these but I know "Zoo" came highly recommended. Happy reading!

    Tsuki’s STS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your haul! Finders Keepers is on my list...and I have You, but haven't read it yet.

    Here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got Lair of Dreams, too, Barb! and both Confessions of a Queen B and Wake Up Call look great too.
    I hope you'll enjoy your new books! Have a fantastic week and happy reaidng.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am honored that you plan to read WAKE-UP CALL. I hope you enjoy it!
    -Amy Avanzino :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I hope to get to it in late July and can't wait to dive into it. I really think the cover is great as well. Will let you know once I get a review up!

      Delete