HERE. Each week they focus on lists which cover various topics related to books and reading. This week we are focusing on the top 10 authors I have read.
1. STEPHEN KING - I haven't read all of his books, but have read over 50 of them. I usually purchase all his new releases the week they come out unless I know I am getting them for gifts soon after their release. He was my first real introduction to horror and suspense and in my opinion, he is still the best.
2. DEAN KOONTZ - I'll admit I haven't read a lot of his stuff lately, but years ago, I used to devour everything of his which I could get my hands on. I still plan on reading a lot of his releases and he is also one of my favorites.
3. CHARLAINE HARRIS - I have read 22 of her books and love her Midnight Texas series as well as her Harper Connolly series. I have also read most of her Sookie Stackhouse books but still need to finish the last 2. Boy am I glad that series ended.
4. MARYJANICE DAVIDSON - Although somewhat reluctant to admit it, I still follow the Betsy the Vampire Queen series. I think they keep getting more worse as they continue, but I still snag them from the library when I can.
5. Kelley Armstrong - I love Kelley Armstrong and have completed the Women of the Underworld series. I love her writing, her characters and her world building. I am really loving her new Cainsville series and can't wait to get my hands on Deception
6. LAURELL K. HAMILTON - She started my love of urban fantasy and while I think the Anita Blake books have gotten "out there" and that there are way too many of them, I haven't completely ruled out reading more of them.
7. YASMINE GALENORN - Another great urban fantasy pick.
8. PATRICIA BRIGGS - Mercy Thompson - need I say more?
9. KIM HARRISON - I definitely see a trend forming here. As much as I'll miss Ivy, Jenks and Rachel, I am also looking forward to seeing what her new series has to offer.
10. LUCY DILLON - While there are some authors I have read more from, I have to mention Lucy Dillon. I love her contemporary fiction books so much. She has such great characters and she weaves a wonderful love of dogs and their healing powers, into all of her books. I can't recommend her enough. I have managed to read all of her books except her last one.
Who made your list? Do we have any in common? Leave me a comment so I can check yours out!