Monday, December 12, 2016
Really Neat Blog Award
vvb32 nominated me for the Real Neat Blog Award and since it's the holidays and I'm trying to add a few fun things to the December schedule, I wanted to do this one. Thanks for the nomination! Basically the person who nominates you asks 7 questions so here we go!
1. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Every year I give my husband a "Christmas Survival Stocking" which is...bear with me...is a box. Inside is a new release movie we both might enjoy, Christmas snacks, new Christmas cups and his favorite beverage. He opens it on Christmas Eve and then we enjoy some of what's inside while he is smoking the Christmas ham for dinner the next day.
2. What is your favorite holiday movie? I really enjoy "Bad Santa" and then as far as Christmas specials, I have to watch "Rudolph" and "Charlie Brown Christmas" every year.
3. What is your favorite holiday book? W. Bruce Cameron's "The Dogs of Christmas."
4. What is your favorite holiday cookie? Sugar cookies or Archway's Holiday Nutty Malted Nougat cookies.
5. What's at the top of your wishlist? I would say it's probably grey boots. I've been looking for the perfect pair and I'm strictly a boot-wearer all winter. Mom finally found me a pair I loved so I know they will be under the tree,
6. What's your favorite holiday memory? Taking our first boxer, Cicero, out to play in a huge snowy field after the holiday activities and him chasing us and knocking me down in the snow. Also, the first Christmas I spent with Mr, Barb in our old apartment with our first and only live tree.
7. Do you have a go-to gift that you like to give? Books of course. I love finding people at least one book to put under the tree for them.
Most of my blogging buddies have already been nominated and I hate springing things on people since we are all so busy during the holidays. So if anyone wants to participate, feel free to use the same questions and add a link in the comments below.