So I'm starting to plan my 2017 challenges and of course, this is an automatic for me. I really enjoyed it last year and met my goal in July. Although Yvonne, the host, has changed the rules somewhat for 2017, I still doubt I will have much trouble with it. I'm also aiming a tad bit higher than I did last year. So here are the rules.
1. Any book read for this challenge has to have an animal that plays a major role in the book (which could be fiction or non-fiction). It also counts if a main character is (or turns into) an animal (define that however you'd like). In the past, books would qualify if an animal is in the title or the cover, but that alone no longer qualifies. This challenge is for books related to animals and just because they are in the title or on the cover, doesn't mean it's about an animal.
These are the levels:
LEVEL 1 - Read 6 books
LEVEL 2 - Read 7-12 books
LEVEL 3 - Read 13-20 books
LEVEL 4 - Read 21 or more
2. The animal can be any type of animal (real or fictitious ) - dog, cat, monkey, wolf, snake, insect, hedgehog, aardvark...dragon, mermaid, centaur, vampire, werewolf...you get the idea.
3. The challenge runs from January 1, 2017 to December 31, 2017.
4. Books can be fiction or non-fiction.
5. You may make a list of books at the beginning of the challenge or just add them as you find them.
6. Book titles may be swapped out at anytime (if you made a list to start with).
7. Crossovers with other challenges are permitted and encouraged.
8. You don't have to have a blog or write a review, but you can if you want to. If you don't have a blog, just post in the comment section that you'd like to join. You can post your books in there. Or you can sign up by joining the Goodreads group.
9. Books can be in any format,
10. Use the Mister Linky on Yvonne's blog to sign up. There will also be links for reviews and wrap up posts.
So I've decided to shoot for LEVEL 3 this year. I think I can do it! If you want to join as well, here is the link - Socrates' Book Reviews.
Come join the fun!!!