Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Can't Wait Wednesday (202)


Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings to spotlight highly anticipated books.  It is based on the Waiting on Wednesday meme which used to be hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.


FROM GOODREADS:  Edgar Allan Poe may be a hundred and fifty years beyond this world, but the themes of his beloved works have much in common with modern young adult fiction. Whether the stories are familiar to readers or discovered for the first time, readers will revel in Edgar Allan Poe’s classic tales, and how they’ve been brought to life in 13 unique and unforgettable ways.

Contributors include Kendare Blake (reimagining “Metzengerstein”), Rin Chupeco (“The Murders in the Rue Morge”), Lamar Giles (“The Oval Portrait”), Tessa Gratton (“Annabel Lee”), Tiffany D. Jackson (“The Cask of Amontillado”), Stephanie Kuehn (“The Tell-Tale Heart”), Emily Lloyd-Jones (“The Purloined Letter”), Hillary Monahan (“The Masque of the Red Death”), Marieke Nijkamp (“Hop-Frog”), Caleb Roehrig (“The Pit and the Pendulum”), and Fran Wilde (“The Fall of the House of Usher”).

WHY I CAN'T WAIT:  Umm...Edgar Allen Poe retellings?  Do I need any other reason?

38 comments:

  1. Poe is such an enigma to me, so the point that this would be ideal for readers being introduced to his work made me go YAS! Also what's intriguing is that this is all YA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be a good introduction I think. I have to admit I haven't read A LOT of his works, but he actually fascinates me so I'm anxious to get this one.

      Delete
  2. I hope these authors do a great job with these retellings. Such fun to see what they create! Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. It will definitely be interesting.

      Delete
  3. This is such a good idea, and I love the contributor line up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh! This sounds very interesting indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! This sounds awesome! I love anything Poe-related, so this is definitely going in my TBR pile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. No other reason needed! I love Poe ... and retellings of his stories and poems. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew there would be bloggers out there who saw "Poe" and wouldn't need any other reason.

      Delete
  7. I'm not really big on collections, but wow, that is an impressive author list!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I think a lot of people will want to see what Kendare Blake does.

      Delete
  8. I love this idea bringing old stories back into focus using new authors and a different spin.
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good way to introduce a younger generation to classical works too.

      Delete
  9. Oh yeah. This sounds excellent. Such a great bunch of authors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow! This could be awesome. I'd be really curious about the Kendare Blake story, among others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea when I saw her name I figured a lot of people would be interested.

      Delete
  11. I haven't heard of this one before but it sounds really interesting. Great cover as well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a sucker for anything Poe related so I'll absolutely be picking this one up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love retellings like this, and the authors in here are awesome! Thanks for alerting me to this one! You can check out some books I'm looking forward to HERE.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't think I ever read any of his work-I was always into newer horror rather than older authors. Hope you enjoy it when you get it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chuckles. I'll let you know if it's any good.

      Delete
  15. This one needs to be on my TBR. I'm so intrigued. And lots of authors who I've enjoyed in this one. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This sounds so cool. I love Edgar Allan Poe's stories.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sounds like a great book and I LOVE Kendare Blake!! Great pick!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea I think a lot of people will pick it up because of her.

      Delete
  18. I need to start picking up some of these anthologies because they always help me get out of reading slumps. 👍✨

    I love the cover. 🔰

    ReplyDelete
  19. If some one wishes to be updated with most up-to-date technologies therefore he must be pay a quick visit this web page and be up to date everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi, after reading this amazing post i am also delighted to share my familiarity here
    with colleagues.

    ReplyDelete