Saturday, June 15, 2019

What's Happening...(06-15-19)

So I'm doing things a tad bit differently this year and will be combining all of my regular weekend posts.  This will enable me to add more content on Fridays and it is just starting to make more sense.  I'll still be linking up with Stacking the Shelves at Tynga's Reviews and Sunday Post at Caffeinated Reviewer.  Both blogs are awesome so make sure you check them out.

So I'm happy to say that this past week was much quieter than the one before. Here's hoping it stays that way!  Mr. Barb and Cass are doing fine.  I need to start taking Cass on longer walks because I've noticed him getting bored more often so I pledge to do that this weekend.  He ended up breaking my heart Saturday night.  We still have Booker's bed, blanket and favorite stuffed animals in the bedroom in a corner.  Saturday I went to bed before Mr. Mike and was reading.  Cass was on the bed but all of a sudden he jumped down, went and grabbed Booker's moose, brought it back up on the bed, curled up and went to sleep.  Poor guy!


We've not really been watching anything good but I did see the first episode of "Big Little Lies:Season 2" and really liked it.  "NOS4A2" is okay but I'm withholding my verdict on it.  However, the trailer for Stephen King's "Doctor Sleep" dropped this week and I'm so excited. I think it looks good.  Now "The Shining" is my favorite King book and I enjoyed the movie as well, but I never felt it needed a sequel.  When I read "Doctor Sleep" I pretty much considered it a stand alone and it worked for me.  In case you haven't had time to see it, here it is!




 

 I managed some reading this past week and need to kick it in gear this weekend. I'd love to finish both of these over the weekend and while I'm optimistic, I may be OVERLY optimistic. We'll see how it goes. 


I also ended up buying a few books.  I had a $5.00 ebook credit on Amazon and then won a $5.00 GC during a COYER Twitter party so I grabbed some books I had on my wishlist!  I've been eyeing "Fat Camp" for a long time which seems like a throwback to 80's slasher films.  I also had to grab Alan Baxter's "Hidden City" after seeing some glowing reviews for it this week and mention of a "loyal doggo" in it.  And finally, don't tell Cass but I grabbed the first in a Psychic Cat mystery - "The Cat of Amontillado."



So there you have it, my week in a nutshell.  Did you add any new books or watch any good movies this weekend???


34 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. Sweet baby. That does snag your heart. I'm glad yall had a quieter week. Here's hoping for another to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, bless Cass's heart.

    We saw I am Mother on Netflix last night. It's a thought-provoking science fiction movie. It's pretty good, but you have to pay attention for it to make sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't hate it but like a tad bit more action in my sci-fi flicks.

      Delete
  3. I bought Fat Camp ages ago-I just love that cover! It's one of the many horror books I need to read! Poor Cass! How do you explain to the poor guy where his brother is...it's so sad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been wanting it for ages. When T passed, we actually let Cass see him before the burial. Our vet has always recommended it so that they have some sort of closure. I'm pretty sure he knows what's happened. When we were out working on the garden a few weeks past, he laid down on T's grave and he NEVER lays down in the backyard.

      Delete
  4. I liked the first episode of season 2 as well for Big Little Lies. In fact I think I will like season 2 better than season 1. I loved the book but wasn't really thrilled with the tv adaptation. Too much graphic sex!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never read the book so I don't have a comparison. I think I'll actually keep it that way since I am enjoying the series so much.

      Delete
  5. Aww, poor Cass. When one of my dogs died last year, the other dog was confused for a while, but she got over it quickly. I need to get back into reading/watching Stephen King stuff. He creates things faster than I can keep up!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does! I don't know how he manages. And all the movies and shows coming out. His bank account has to grow by the hour!

      Delete
  6. Doctor Sleep looks so creepy! I still havent read the book, I should probably catch up before I see the movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the book and I would recommend it. Just try to disconnect from The Shining as much as possible.

      Delete
  7. I really liked A Discovery of Witches.
    Your story about Cass collecting Booker's toy made me feel so sad... Losing them really is something that takes a long time to adapt to, for everyone involved - furry or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really enjoying it too Nicci. Yes, it sure does take time.

      Delete
  8. Aw that's sweet about Cass. :) And I thought Big Little Lies S2 started out good as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hidden City looks interesting - that is a truly intense looking cover. Glad to hear there's a loyal dog in it!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read another book by Baxter and really liked it so I'm excited for this one.

      Delete
  10. Hidden City was fun and I'm reading Doctor Sleep now before the film comes out. That trailer was creepy! I plan to read Chop Shop soon. Here's to a calm week ahead:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed Hidden City and I hope you like Doctor Sleep. I'm anxious for your thoughts. Chop Shop was so much fun!

      Delete
  11. awwww poor cass. so sweet and heartbreaking at the same tiem.
    sherry @ Sunday Memes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's such a sweetheart I hate to see him hurting.

      Delete
  12. Poor Cass! That breaks my heart, too. I'm glad you're week was quieter, and good luck with longer walks! It's hard for me to keep up with their daily runs once it's fully summer. Too hot!

    Lindsi @ Do You Dog-ear? 💬

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far it hasn't been TOO hot yet. I always take a water bottle for him because he has to have his water...like just starting down the street and he already wants it!

      Delete
  13. I love quieter times! Sometimes that's just what we need. You story about Cass broke my heart too, though! Hugs and love for all of you

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved the Shining and bought Dr Sleep but still haven't read it - must try harder.
    Aww, your poor pooch - *sob*
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked Dr. Sleep but I know lots of people who didn't.

      Delete
  15. A cat book! I am telling Cass! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he already knows. He caught me petting a stray the other morning - the same one he treed in the backyard last week.

      Delete
  16. Oh! Doctor Sleep looks good! And thanks for mentioning you think Doctor Sleep works well as a standalone. I was told by a couple of people that I would be okay reading Doctor Sleep with only having seen The Shining movie, but wen I said this on my blog everyone was saying, noooooooo! Ha ha. Well, I just told you I needed to pick up a King standalone, so Doctor Sleep it is! 👍✨😁

    Big squishy hugs for Cass. 💜

    I hope your week has been a good one so far. 🌞

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you love it and am glad to see you picking it up. I think it got a bad rap when it first came out. The Shining is one of the few King movies I liked the adaptation of. The book and movie are pretty spot on but the ending is a tad different. It won't matter though when you read Dr. Sleep!

      Delete
  17. Oh my gosh, I was SO pumped for the trailer for "Doctor Sleep"!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you read the book? I can't remember if you liked it or not.

      Delete