Thursday, October 1, 2020

Boo-Cause Reading's Spectacular: Witches


 

So Michelle and Berls are doing a month-long feature on their blog in October which focuses on various spooky topics on designated days.  I'd like to participate as much as possible because these kinds of posts allow for some blogging flexibility which I think is a great way to mix things up here at Booker T's Farm.  If you want all the details, check them out HERE.

Today's topic is WITCHES!

I  guess you could say that witches have always been one of my favorite supernatural beings.  I've never really been afraid of them and even as a little child, I was more interested in the The Wicked Witch of the West than I ever was in Good Witch Glenda.  Of course Toto was my favorite but I digress.


Then of course, as I got older, I heard all the rumors about one of my favorite artists being a witch so then witches became much more glamorous to me.


So now, I'm always curious to give any book or movie with even the hint of witchcraft a try.  Did you know they are doing  reboot of The Craft?  Of course I think the original will always be a classic but I of course I can't wait to give this version a try.


And of course, American Horror: Coven remains one of my favorite American Horror seasons so if you haven't seen it, then I highly recommend it.


And finally, I just happened to read a great new historical witch debut last month and if you are looking for something that isn't TOO spooky this Halloween season, then it might be one you want to check out.  You can find my review HERE.


So who is your favorite witch???





7 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love witches and I love the sound of this event - will go and check it out.
    Thanks
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Wicked Witch of the West totally scared me when I was little. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love stories about witches too. For some reason I just thought of The Witches of Eastwick and now I want to watch it again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love witches too! The Worst Witch was probably one of my first and favorite witches besides of course that wicked one we all know...lol. Hocus Pocus is always fun to watch and I am not so sure about the new Craft but I will give at least one episode a try. Of course we all love Sabrina right! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how could I forgot Wizard of Oz? I will admit, I was afraid of the wicked witch but mainly because of the monkeys! Those things scared this shit out of me 😅. I need to watch AHS Coven. It's the only season that interests me. Oh and I didn't know they were rebooting The Craft! I'll be curious to see it. Thanks for joining us!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think my love of witches started with Wendy in the Casper cartoons of my childhood, and yes... The Wizard of Oz, but Glinda was my girl. 🤗

    I also grew up with the Bewitched television show. ✨

    I love this post. 🎃

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always loved the winged monkeys best! No surprise that you loved Toto eh! I liked Hocus Pocus as a film as it was funny. When I think witches I generally think Harry Potter most of all (of course) but witches in books generally can be fun!

    ReplyDelete