I have seen people all over booktube have TBR jars and use them to help them get some books off their shelves and actually read them and I thought it was a cute idea. So this year, I made one but modified it to better suit my needs. I decided to pull about 15-16 books (hmmm...looks like 17) which I really want to read this year, put them in a jar (or in my case a coffee cup) and pull one a month. This way I don't have to include all my unread books ( a task I don't want to take on right now) and I can probably be more faithful to what I pull out and not end up drawing out choices 5 or 6 times a month until I get a book I actually want to read. Below are the books I included. The title should take you to the goodreads link.
1. Spirit Dust - Rosemary Clement Moore
2. Magnificent Vibrations - Rick Springfield
3. Daughter of Smoke and Bone - Laini Taylor
4. One Bloody Thing After Another - Joey Comeau
5. Christine - Stephen King
6. Precinct 13 - Tate Hallaway
7. I Thought You Were Dead - Pete Nelson
8. Those Who Fight Monsters - Justin Gustainis
9. NOS4A2 - Joe Hill
10. Mr. Mercedes - Stephen King
11. Prince- Inside the Music and the Masks - Ronin Ro
12. Insurgent - Veronica Roth
13. Carrie - Stephen King
14. The Trouble with Fate - Leigh Evans
15. Roam - Alan Lazar
16. Alice in Zombieland - Gena Showalter
17. Gone Girl - Gilliam Flynn
Now keep in mind, I already cheated, but at least the book I cheated with I already finished.
I knew Gone Girl would be released on DVD in January and I wanted to read the book before watching the movie so I "picked" it as the January pick. Also, some of the other picks fit into other goals and challenges for the year. I think this system may work well for me as most of these I
have wanted to read for over a year.
Goodbye from the Farm.