Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Top 5 Wednesday - 5 Authors I Would Like to Meet

Top 5 Wednesday was created by Gingereadslainey on booktube and can also be found on goodreads.  The link can be found here.  This week we are looking at the top 5 authors we would like to meet.  I had to do some thinking but managed to narrow it down.

1.  Stephen King - I have loved him for as long as I can remember.  He pretty much started my love of reading and he keeps coming up with such new, interesting ideas.
2.  Joe Hill - I really enjoy his works and since his father is coming, might as well make it a family reunion.
3.  Edgar Allen Poe - While this is physically impossible without the use of a time machine or maybe a Ouija board, he would make an interesting dinner quest don't you think?
4. Karen Marie Moning - I am dying to read Burned, and would love to ask her what happens next in the world of Mac, Barrons and Dani.
4.  Anne Rice - But I would like to meet her on her old turf - New Orleans.  I think it would be interesting to have her show me some of the Gothic scenery and I would love to tell her how Tom Cruise single-handedly ruined my love for Lestat (although I am betting she has heard that before).

Can you imagine a party with all of these individuals?  It would definitely have to be held on Halloween.

3 comments:

  1. So...I have yet to read any Joe Hill. For shame, I know. I really want to read Locke and Key, but what else should I start with?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has a collection of short stories called 20th Century Ghosts which was good if you want to give you like that sort of thing. My first read of his was Heart Shaped Box and I loved it. I have NOS4A2, but haven't read it yet. I am waiting for my library to get the Locke and Key books so I can check them out rather than buying them.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete