Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Top 5 Wednesday - Anti-Heroes

Top 5 Wednesday was created by Gingereadslainey on booktube and can also be found on goodreads.  The link can be found here.  This week we are taking a look at anti-heroes and I must admit I am struggling a tad with this topic.  However, I will give it a go!

1.  Jericho Barrons from Karen Marie Moning's Faefever series.  I am current up to last week's release of book 7 and I still can't quite figure Barrons out.  He does some good things, does a lot of bad things, and does many things you can't quite put into a category.  Therefore, he is my #1 choice.  However, the rest of mine are in no particular order.











2.  Ivy from Kim Harrison Hollows series.  I love Ivy and she definitely started out the series more on the side of bad than on the side of good.  This whole series is awesome and although I stopped reading around book #8, I will absolutely pick it back up.











3.  Eric from Charlaine Harris' Sookie Stackhouse series.  What can be said about Eric the Vampire that hasn't already been said? I like the original covers so much better than the series tie-ins.











4.  Lizzie Borden from Cherie Priest's Maplecroft.  I cannot sing the praises of this book enough.  If you haven't read it, stop right now and go pick up or download a copy.  Most of us know the story of Lizzie Borden and while no one would really consider her a hero of any type, that is actually what she becomes in Maplecroft.  Read it, read it now! And that cover.  Enough gushing.











5.  Gabriel Walsh from Kelley Armstrong's Cainsville series.  Gabriel is not really a likable guy, however, as the series progresses, he does start to show some redeeming qualities.  I have read the first 2 books and am interested to see how story continues.  I believe Armstrong is really good at writing anti-heroes as her Women of the Underworld series is also full of them.











What's on your list?  Give me a link so I can check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment