Tuesday, April 26, 2016

TTT - Top 10 Bookworm Delights


This top 10 weekly meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and can be found HERE.  Each week they focus on lists which cover various topics related to books and reading.  This week I am sharing with you my top 10 bookish delights.

1.  Getting approved for that ARC you just HAVE to have! - There's nothing like checking your email and learning from Netgalley, Edelweiss or the publisher that you received a copy of one of your most anticipated releases.

2.  Getting books in the mail - Whether it be books from publishers, books you ordered, or books won in giveaways, there's nothing like coming home and finding book packages waiting for you!



3.  Going to an actual physical bookstore! - It's fun to order on line and true, you can find some great deals, but nothing beats wandering into a bookstore and losing yourself in all the books there to discover.

4.  Vacation - Having the ability to read whenever you want and not having to worry about things like work getting in the way. 



5.  Finding other people who love your favorite books as much as your do!

6.  Using your local library -  I have 3 great local libraries, plus on on-line Overdrive system.  When I can't find what I'm looking for, they will usually order it in for me.  Plus I love browsing there.  I always have more checked out than what I can actually read.

7.  Bookmarks!!! - I love finding them, collecting them and sometimes even making them.



8.  Staying up late and getting lost in a book even though you know you have to get up early - How many times have we told ourselves "One more chapter."

9.  New bookshelves! (I would love to have these)



10.  Making lists about our favorite bookish things!



8 comments:

  1. Oh yeah getting approved for ARC's is super exciting! I forgot that one! Great picks. My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love watching those Amazon packages drop through the letterbox and then I happily rip them open! Book Buzz! I can't remember the last time I bought from a physical bookstore...most of what I read you can't get in our local bookshops so I'm so glad to grab them online.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want that bookshelf too! My birthday is coming up, and I think that's what the Hubs is planning on getting me (although not the one pictured, because I have my eye on a cube bookcase from Ikea). And bookish mail is just the best thing ever!

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great list, getting ARC's is so awesome...I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Getting approved for your most wanted ARCs is the best!! Great Top Ten!
    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always a treat for me to go to a real bookstore -- or even browse the book aisles at Target -- since I so rarely purchase books (a side effect of working at a library). It's so nice to be surrounded by all the gorgeous, brand-new books just begging to be dived into. I ALWAYS find at least a few things to add to my to-read list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why did I not think of bookmarks?! I have such a huge collection and I always use them - that's definitely a joy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes to all of these!!! I wish I had even more bookmarks. I like finding really cool ones, but sometimes they are too expensive for being so small! Lol!

    ReplyDelete