Friday, April 1, 2016

Weekend Reads (04/01/16)


Hope everyone had a great week and if you celebrated last weekend, a wonderful time.  Easter was pretty low-key at our house.  We had an "Easter Egg Hunt" with the pups where we hid some of their treats and let them find them to fill up their treat basket.  Then it was just the four of us for dinner (2 humans/2 pups) as my Grandfather wasn't up to it.  Here is Booker T thinking of inviting himself to the dinner table:



This past week the neighborhood cat has taken to visiting us even more than usual so we keep a few cat treats on hand in case she appears hungry.  The people around the block own her, but she won't stay inside since they had her fixed so everyone basically just keeps an eye on her.  They still feed her but she likes being social and climbing the tree out front to hunt for birds (don't tell Cassius! - my bird-loving child).

I don't know how much I will get read this weekend but anyway, here are the main plans:


Guardians of the Galaxy The Killing Jar Start with a Backbeat

The first 2 are library books I really need to get through before next weekend and I am about 20% into "Start With A Backbeat." It's not my normal type read but I am enjoying it and have been trying to branch out every once in a while.

So what are your plans this weekend?

2 comments:

  1. For me, it'll be a weekend of reading, watching sport and sneezing! I seem to have another small cold so it's a good excuse to be grumpy! We don't do anything special on the holidays and I no longer feel the urge to eat chocolate thanks to the regular doses of Apple Cider Vinegar so Easter was chocolate free! I made up for it with crisps though...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Booker T does look like he would like a seat at the table. I can't eat without 3 dogs laying down around me which is funny because the puppies don't even seem to know what to do when food does get dropped. Our Easter was low key here as well. I have The Killing Jar ready to go for my next audiobook so I hope that one is a good one. I hope you enjoy all of your books this weekend.

    Carole @ Carole's Random Life

    ReplyDelete