Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday (58)



"Waiting on" Wednesday" is weekly meme hosted over at Breaking the Spine which spotlights upcoming anticipated releases.





 
AUGUST 30, 2016
FROM GOODREADS: You don't just read this ghost story. You step into it.

Some houses are more than just haunted . . . they're hungry.

Dash, Dylan, Poppy, Marcus, and Azumi don't know this at first. They each think they've been summoned to Shadow House for innocent reasons. But there's nothing innocent about Shadow House.            

Something within its walls is wickedly wrong.  Nothing--and nobody--can be trusted. Hallways move. Doors vanish. Ghosts appear. Children disappear.
              
And the way out?

That's disappeared, too. . . .

Enter Shadow House . . . if you dare.

Don't just read about Shadow House--explore its haunted depths with the free app!


WHY I'M WAITING:  This cover is just so darn creepy I can't resist.  And I seem to be really focused on haunted houses lately so I couldn't wait to share this.  I don't know how I feel about the interactive app but hey, it might be a cool concept if done well.

What are you waiting for this week???? 
 

11 comments:

  1. That is a really creepy cover. It reminds me of The Grudge and those other creepy Japanese films!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this author and was lucky enough to snatch this one up at BEA and I can't wait to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely intrigued by the interactive aspect, and totally creeped out by that cover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, very creepy cover! I just finished reading a creepy thriller set in The Hollows, (Ink and Bone, by Lisa Unger), so this one would probably scare me...but then again, maybe I'm used to it now. Thanks for sharing and enjoy.

    Here's mine: “INTRUSION”

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes! Creepy cover! But I like it and that blurb had me from the first line. An interactive app? I don't know if i'm brave enough to take that on, but we'll see. Great pick. Hope we all enjoy it :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how creepy the cover is. Thanks for sharing. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book is new to me! Thanks for sharing!
    Happy Reading! <a href="http://paulettespapers.com/?p=10744”>Dani @ Paulette’s Papers</a>

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't heard of this one before. The cover really is creepy. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Barb! Do you actually DARE to read this? Not me. I'm a HUGE chicken! Lol. That cover....OMG, I can't look at it for very long. All the other commenters have mentioned the word "creepy". Yup. It sure is!

    Well, I do hop you enjoy this book! Me, I'm much too fainthearted....

    Thanks for dropping by and commenting on my own WOW!! Hope you're having a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely creepy cover. I like the idea of the interactive app as a way to further the experience, but then again it might be too scary. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't heard of this one, but it sounds right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete