Friday, July 27, 2018

Weekly Reads (07/27/18) - Lot of Info So Grab a Drink


So it's the last Friday in July. This summer has been going by so fast.  It was a busy week with some highs and some lows but all in all, not bad.  Let's get the low out of the way first.  Poor Booker T can't buy a break this summer.  Wednesday he wasn't feeling well and Wednesday evening I noticed he was having trouble urinating.  Daddy packed him up and off to the ER vet they went.  Isn't that usually the case?  Anyway, three hours and some odd dollars (let's be honest, lots of odd dollars) later he was diagnosed with a UTI.  We had to watch him closely Thursday to make sure he was going and he is on mega meds, including Valium, for a few days.  Keep him in your thoughts please.

We did watch some TV.  We streamed "Rampage" and I loved it.  Of course, I had to look for spoilers to see if George died in the movie so I could be prepared but it was a lot of fun.  Mr. Barb even remembered the video game from the 80's.  Who knew?  We also started watching "Castle Rock" on Hulu but only the first episode.  I'm sure I'll love it.  I'm already picking up on a lot of King tie-in references.  We also watched "Heavy Metal" last weekend.  I had never seen it before and we've been trying to watch some older films.  It was just what I expected but hey, the soundtrack was good.

I did get some reading done but not enough so I need to kick it in this weekend.  I finished "Sparrow Hill Road" so look for that review on Sidetracked Sunday this week.  Here's what I hope to read.  


Also, my bookish BFF, Stormi, has started a new Booktube channel.  I know she was super nervous but she's doing great.  If you watch Booktube at all, make sure you check her out at Storm Reads

So let's hope for a quiet weekend....please, fingers crossed!  What are your plans?

24 comments:

  1. Poor Booker T...I hope he's doing ok and I know you must be worried about him. Give him a big hug from me. It's going to be a quiet weekend filled with tv watching, reading and junk food for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is doing better. He says "Thanks a lot Auntie Chuckles!" Cass has even been hovering over him to make sure he's okay and to cheer him up.

      Delete
  2. Poor Booker T, I didn't even know dogs could get a UTI?? ☹ Hope he feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yea, and they even gave him human Valium to relax because he was so worked up. Although I stopped giving that to him mid yesterday because I hate seeing him drugged and once he started using the bathroom, he was much more relaxed.

      Delete
  3. So sorry to hear about Booker T's UTI:(. It is such a painful thing! I hope he responds to the medication really quickly and is soon fully recovered.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My plans are to lay low, do some reading and blogging, and just hang out at home. Hope you have a good one.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope Booker T has recovered now?
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Lynn, he was doing much better by Sunday. Still on pills though.

      Delete
  6. Nice book list. I watched Stormi's video and I thought she did great. It was so fun to see her and hear her voice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ono, so sorry to hear that about BookerT. I’m glad you got him in quick and hope he’s feeling better now. Poor guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm glad we caught on that something more serious than a bellyache was happening with him.

      Delete
  8. Having suffered through UTIs in the past, I can't imagine it being any better even if you are a dog. Poor Booker T, get better soon!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor Booker T! I hope he is on the mend. Those UTIs are not fun at all. I actually watched some TV this week and have almost finished the first season of Game of Thrones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you loving it? There's so much in those series. I need to do a serious rewatch some day.

      Delete
  10. Poor Booker T!! I hope he is starting to feel better. :( I haven't started Castle Rock yet. I need to! I've been watching Ready Player One today. It's not bad. I can't wait for your Riley Sager thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might watch Ready Player One. I've never read the book thought and don't know if I want to. I think I'll love the 80's references though.

      Delete
  11. Aww... poor Booker T. 😞 Tell him I said get well soon!

    The soundtrack to Heavy Metal is great, I agree. 🎼

    I hope your quiet weekend happened. 👍

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope the pup feels better! My husband and I just watched the first three episode of Castle Rock yesterday! I was actually thinking it would be a show you'd like! We really like it so far but it's weird watching a show we have to wait for the next episode, most things we watch already have a season or two out in completion that we just binge through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. It's hard to wait now that we're a society that's so used to binge watching things!

      Delete