Sunday, November 5, 2023

Farm News - November 5, 2023

 

I can't believe that it is already November.  It seems like the day after Halloween, Christmas began.  I won't lie, even I'm kind of in the holiday spirit already but I still want to enjoy Thanksgiving and Fall while it is still here. 

As I type this, both pups are roughhousing and playing.  They are growing closer each day and Apollo has taken on the role of big brother, babysitter and protector and it's a role he takes seriously.  Zeke was introduced to my work unit via a Zoom meeting this week and made an honorable employee.  We've only had him two weeks and he's grown so much already.  He has his second set of booster shots Thursday and he already weights 15.8 pounds.  The picture quality isn't that great because they won't stop moving but you get the idea.


I won't say I'm in a reading slump, but I really don't know what I want to read right now.  I still have some horror titles to get to, but I think I overdid that genre in October so I'm throwing in a witchy rom com this weekend in the hopes that it sparks some interest.  Stormi and I did not finish It in October and are focusing on a November finish now.  I did finish In My Dreams I Hold a Knife Friday which was the first buddy read for the two of us this month.  Look for our reviews Tuesday because they should be interesting to say the least.


I have actually picked up a few books lately.  I had two preorders arrive from Amazon the last week of October and then I grabbed one from Wal-Mart as a "just because" gift to myself - well, that and the hold list at all my libraries, including Libby, was WAY too long.  I have loved John Stamos since his days of playing Blackie Parrish on GH and I would watch it with my mother so I had to grab If You Would Have Told Me. Tessa Bailey has quicky become a favorite author, so Wreck the Halls is the one I grabbed on impulse at Wal-Mart.  And finally, of course I had to grab some Christmas horror with Christmas and Other Horrors.


So that's about it for this week.  Hope everyone is having a great weekend and as always, thanks for stopping by Booker T's Farm!

11 comments:

  1. The puppy is so cute! I love that Apollo is being such a good big brother! I am still flabbergasted when I go into stores and the Christmas stuff is already all put up, not even that they're starting it, but that it's all in the space already. I will definitely want to enjoy Thanksgiving though. But I might be okay going ahead and decorating for Christmas before again this year. I hope you have a good week!
    https://lisalovesliterature.bookblog.io/2023/11/05/weekly-wrap-up-142-november-5th-2023/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still not ready for holiday reads. We don't think we can handle 2 dogs but Lulu gets a bit of it when we keep neighbor's dogs for them. We enjoy it and it's fun for Lulu to have time with other dogs.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dogs are so cute! We've have Badger about 5 weeks and in that time he's doubled in size and weight. Crazy! I'm really curious about In My Hands, so I'll make sure to catch your review. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm kind of in the holiday spirit too but at the same time I do want to enjoy Thanksgiving and November. And Christmas horror seems strangely appealing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it when dogs play with each other. When we brought home our youngest, Piper, neither of our dogs were interested in any of her attempts to play. After about a week, Molly came around and they are still buddies. Stella usually keeps to herself more. I hope that you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I understand about the reading slump. I've hit a review copy that isn't enchanting me, but I don't want to give up on it either. So, I'm reading a chapter or two and then listening to a couple of hours of a favorite audiobook and then repeating. It isn't allowing for much progress on my review stack though. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pic of Apollo and Zeke. They are adorable. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like that you have two very different Christmas books on your TBR list. I look forward to your thoughts on John Stamos’ book too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love hearing about Zeke and Apollo! They're such cute dogs. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I am ready to jump into the holiday season too. I love the photo of your dogs. I am glad they are getting on so well! My two cats were chasing each other around the house this afternoon, taking turns who was doing the chasing. You wouldn't think two cats could cause so much noise, but when they get going, they cause quite a ruckus running up and down the stairs.

    I thought maybe I was ready to dive into holiday themed reads, but I haven't managed to pick one up yet. I'm sure it will be soon.

    I hope you enjoy your reading and have a good week, Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your dogs are so adorable. My library list is way too long too. I've had several ebooks become available at the same time from my holds list, but I just can't read all of them yet, so I'm delaying some. I *ought* to just remove some of them from my list altogether, but that is hard to do. :)

    ReplyDelete