Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Feed Your TBR - We Ate the Dark

 

Can't Wait Wednesday, which I have adapted to better suit my blog as "Feed Your TBR" is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings to spotlight highly anticipated books.  It is based on the Waiting on Wednesday meme which used to be hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. 


 MARCH 5, 2024

FROM GOODREADS: Five years after Sofia Lyon disappeared, her remains are found stuffed into the hollow of a tree bursting through the floorboards of an abandoned house in the woods. The women who loved her flock home to the North Carolina hills to face their grief.

Frankie, Sofia’s twin, is in furious mourning. Poppy is heartbroken. Cass has never felt more homesick. And Marya knows something the rest of them don’t. Determined to find Sofia’s murderer, they share more than a need to see justice done for their friend. Each woman is haunted, bound to the next by something both cruel and kind, and now stalked by a shadowy presence they’ve yet to understand. Only to question, and to fear.

As Sofia’s secrets unravel, so do those of the woods, and the women soon realize that Sofia might not be who they thought she was at all. And that whoever—or whatever—killed her is coming after them.

WHY I CAN'T WAIT: I stumbled across this when browsing a new release list last week and immediately added it to the wishlist.  I love the atmospheric cover and I want to learn more about why Sophia was found dead stuffed inside a tree.  What a way to dispose of a body!

WHAT BOOK CAN'T YOU WAIT FOR THIS WEEK???


7 comments:

  1. Yes... stuffing a body into a tree somehow sounds really disturbing! I hope you enjoy this one, Barb:)).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very cool cover. And the story sounds eerie and suspenseful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh this sounds really interesting–and I agree, that's a very unique way to deal with a body!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will have to let me know if it's any good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, this sounds good and creepy! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is on my list too, I think it sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete