Monday, February 5, 2024

Farm News - February 5, 2024

 


I meant to get this up yesterday, but you know what, I'm gonna stop making excuses.  It is what it is, and I guess I can technically post updates whenever I please.  I was able to spend some time with my mother yesterday instead and of course, Mr. Barb and the puppies so it was all good.

Life has been a bit weird lately.  A guy in our neighborhood was found deceased in his house about 2 weeks ago.  Apparently, he had fallen down his stairs and died.  We weren't close to him and don't know any more details, but he was often outside and always said hello to us and the boys when we walked them, and I know they are kind of looking for him now when we walk which is kind of sad.  

We've been watching some really good movies/series lately. We managed to binge all 4 seasons of The Servant on Apple TV after signing up for 3 free months of the streaming service.  I LOVED it and miss not tuning in each evening for a few episodes.  I definitely recommend it.  We also watched The Beekeeper, which was your typical Jason Statham action movie, but I liked it and the new Aquaman, which was a tad disappointing if you ask me.  We also watched Night Swim which was one Mr. Barb was really looking forward to.  He didn't really like it which didn't surprise me at all, but it was a decent enough way to spend the evening.

I ended up grabbing a few books for my Kindle last week even though I have no idea when I will get them read.  



The Traitors - C.A. Lynch

The Riley Effect - Nicole Marie

Curse of the Werepoodle - Paul Lubaczewski

Almost Surely Dead - Amina Akhtar


And finally, I finished up a book Friday night and another Sunday morning, so I have a fresh bunch of starts this week.  



Beneath a Blood Red Moon - Heather Graham (writing as Shannon Drake)

The Woman in Me - Britney Spears

The Invocations - Krystal Sutherland


So I hope everyone has a great week ahead and thanks for visiting Booker T's Farm!

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a busy week. I don't watch much TV so all your series are new to me. Your books look interesting. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so sad about your neighbor, how awful. I'm glad you took Sunday to visit your mom and just be with your family. Sometimes that's the best! I'm curious about The Woman in Me, I hope you love it. Have a good week, Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you were able to spend time with your mom. Blog posts can always wait! I am sorry to hear about your neighbor, Barb. That is very sad.

    I hope you are enjoying your reading! I need to pick up another Heather Graham book. I have a few of hers on my TBR shelf. I enjoy her books. The Invocations looks good.

    Have a great week and enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your reading is going well. It's too bad about the neighbor, was he older? I just can't seem to fit in much watching even if I want to see something. I'm reading the next WTZ later this week and I'm excited to finally get to it.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's very sad about your neighbor.

    Your books look great. Enjoy and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We been watching foundation which is in apple. Just fi I shed the tenth season of when calls the heart on peacock. Book wise I trying to read more of what I own so started a middle grade series called the unwanted which is surprising very good. I also reading the gilded series and lightlark. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sad about your neighbor.

    I love it when I find a show that I just want to devour.

    Have a great week and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's sad about your neighbor. I have a few elderly neighbors that I worry about. Especially when I haven't seen them in awhile. Hope you have a good week this week. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's sad about your neighbor. A few years ago, a man in my town fell in the parking lot of his apartment building and froze to death. It's scary how random and lonely life can be.

    ReplyDelete