Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Feed Your TBR - So Thirsty

 

Can't Wait Wednesday, which I have adapted to better suit my blog as "Feed Your TBR" is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings to spotlight highly anticipated books.  It is based on the Waiting on Wednesday meme which used to be hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.



September 10, 2024

FROM GOODREADS: Sloane Parker is dreading her birthday. She doesn’t need a reminder she’s getting older, or that she’s feeling indifferent about her own life. Her husband surprises her with a birthday-weekend getaway—not with him, but with Sloane’s longtime best friend, troublemaker extraordinaire Naomi. Sloane anticipates a weekend of wine tastings and cozy robes and strategic avoidance of issues she’d rather not confront, like her husband’s repeated infidelity.  But when they arrive at their rental cottage, it becomes clear Naomi has something else in mind. She wants Sloane to stop letting things happen to her, for Sloane to really live. So Naomi orchestrates a wild night out with a group of mysterious strangers, only for it to take a horrifying turn that changes Sloane’s and Naomi’s lives literally forever. The friends are forced to come to terms with some pretty eternal consequences in this bloody, seductive novel about how it’s never too late to find satisfaction, even though it might taste different than expected.

WHY I CAN'T WAIT: I remember seeing this on Tammy's blog, Books, Bones and Buffy, a few weeks ago and knew I would feature it soon.  I really enjoyed Cackle by this author and have a few other of her backlist books sitting on my shelves to read someday.  I love vampires and I love this cover, so this is an auto-grab for me.

WHAT BOOK CAN'T YOU WAIT FOR THIS WEEK???

10 comments:

  1. I'm so glad she's doing a vampire book, she seems to be making the rounds through the different horror tropes: witches, vampires, devils and werewolves! Can't wait:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a good one. I never read this author, but I can see why you'd want to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this one on Tammy's site, too! I was very tempted to request a copy, but thought that despite the evident humour, it would also be a tad dark and gory. But this is certainly one I'd like to read in the future, Barb - I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still need to read Cackle and Black Sheep, but I really loved her book Such Sharp Teeth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this one sounds interesting! I look forward to reading your review of this one Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the cover too. I haven't read this author yet, but the book looks interesting. I like that it doesn't sound like it's about 20 somethings for a change. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't usually read a lot of vampire fiction, but I have really enjoyed the few I have read, so I'm absolutely open to checking out more. This one sounds fun! Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am excited about this one too. I really enjoyed Cackle by Rachel Harrison too. I hope you love So Thirsty when you read it, Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I took a bit of a break from vampire books, but I've been diving back into them lately and loving them. This sounds so good! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete