Tuesday, February 16, 2016

TTT - Top (5) Books I'd Give A Theme Song To

This top 10 weekly meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and can be found HERE.  Each week they focus on lists which cover various topics related to books and reading. This week's topic has to do with music and with books and while I love both tremendously, I usually don't put the two of them together very well - my mind doesn't seem to work like that for some reason.  I am struggling with this topic but think I can possible come up with 5.  So here we go!

Doctor Sleep - Stephen King/Sweet Dreams - The Eurythmics

"Some of the want to use you
 Some of them want to get used by you
 Some of them want to abuse you
 Some of them want to be abused"





Saga (Deluxe Edition - Vol 1 thru Vol 5) - Brian K. Vaughan & Fiona Staples/
Major Tom - David Bowie

"Though I'm past one hundred thousand miles
 I'm feeling very still
 And I think my spaceship knows which way to go
 Tell my wife I love her very much, she knows"




Ghost Heart - John Palisano/Ghost Town - Adam Lambert

"Now I'm searching for trust
 In a city of rust
 A city of vampires
 Tonight, Elvis is dead
 And everyone's spread
 And love is a sattire"



Secrets of Lizzie Borden - Brandy Purdy/Gunpowder and Lead - Miranda Lambert

"I'm goin' home gonna load my shotgun
 Wait by the door and light a cigarette
 He wants a fight, well now he's got one
 And he ain't seen me crazy yet"





It - Stephen King/Funhouse - Pink

"This used to be a fun house
 But now it's full of evil clowns
 It's time to start the countdown
 I'm gonna burn it down, down down
 I'm gonna burn it down"




Well, hopefully I did better with this topic than I originally anticipated.  I look forward to seeing what everyone else comes up with for it.


9 comments:

  1. Ha ha, I laughed at your It choice. :) I don't think I could ever think of theme songs for any books I read...I hardly listen to music much since audio books entered my life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! The Secrets of Lizzie Borden and Miranda Lamberts "Gunpowder and Lead" are a match made in heaven! SO PERFECT!! I also love your DOCTOR SLEEP - "Sweet Dreams" pariring. This list is perfect! New Bloglovin follower!

    Elizabeth @ Book Yabber

    ReplyDelete
  3. This would have been really hard to come up with but you did a fantastic job. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choices! I especially love the one for Doctor Sleep. I could also see the Marilyn Manson version of that song for it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great - I love that you included links. I also wanted to include IT (just because Pennywise!) but couldn't think of an appropriate song- Welcome to the House of Fun by Madness was stuck in my head (and The Tears of a Clown!) Both didn't seem apt though.
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree this was a hard one!! I don't think of music and books together often. Great job on what you came up with!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list! I've been wanting to check out the Saga books for a while.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Sweet Dreams for Doctor Sleep and Funhouse for It! Those are perfect! Great picks! Thanks for visiting my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha Funhouse for It is amazing, what a perfect theme it would be! I like the rest of your list too, I really do need to finally read Saga. Soon, hopefully!

    ReplyDelete