Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Binge Watching - Summer of Sharks

Do you spend hours in front of the TV, maybe days?  Did you ever want to chat with other Binge Watchers or ask people for suggestions or maybe just review the season you watched.  Stormi from Books, Movies, Reviews, Oh My! and Michelle from Because Reading had the perfect idea to create a bi-weekly meme to do just that.  This is my first time linking up but definitely not the last.



I'm actually not doing a traditional binge post but instead am talking about a binge theme.  Seems like this summer I've rekindled my love of all things sharky and been watching (and reading) accordingly.  It started with a rewatch of "Jaws," "Jaws 2" and "Jaws: Revenge."  I always loved "Jaws" as a kid and although I've seen it tons of times, I have never watched the other two that often.  I found "Jaws 2 "rather annoying with all the screaming teens stuck on a boat, but I really did enjoy "Jaws: Revenge." I still need to get to "Jaws 3" though.

Then I watched "The Shallows" with Blake Lively.  I had always put off watching it but found it on HBO a few weeks ago and quickly added it to the list of shark movies I've recently watched.  It was a pretty good movie and there was this one scene where the shark leaps out of the water as it chows down and an unsuspecting surfer that truly was amazing - and scary.

There is another movie on Netflix called "Shark Lake" which I know nothing about but plan on getting too soon and of course I'm hoping to see "47 Meters Down" as well.


Finally, it seems sharks are also popping up in some of my reads.  I really want to read "Jaws" before the summer is over to see how it differs from the movie and to get a full take on this modern classic. Also, I recently feel in love with two zebra sharks, Ursula's pets, in "Rise of the Sea Witch."  "Shark Island" by Chris Jameson is also on my summer TBR.


So do you have any shark movie recommendation so I can continue my "Summer of Shark" binge???

Also, thanks Michelle and Stormi for such a fun new feature!


10 comments:

  1. I just bought The Shallows yesterday! I love the four Jaws film, Deep Blue Sea, Bait. Liked Dino Shark, 3 Headed Shark Attack, Sharktopus, Sharknado. My dad says Ice Sharks and Planet of the Sharks are watchable. I thought Shark Night, Mission of the Shark and Swamp Shark was ok. I want to see The Reef, Open Water, Sand Sharks, USS Indianapolis, 2 headed shark attack and Ghost Shark which is semi invisible! I've got quite a pile of unwatched shark films! I think I've seen Super Shark but I don't recall if it was any good! The acting in Shark Week was kind of questionable but hey, sharks! Zombie Shark is kind of like a mad shark glove puppet trying to bite people and was kind of funny!

    Hope this gives you a few ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG. More shark movies to check out. Thanks so much for the recommendations - I'm loving them.

      Delete
  2. I like this post, I like shark movies too. I can't wait to try Shark Island when I get a chance to read it. Jaws the movie and book are so different. Do you get syfy they always have some fun but cheesy shark movies on there...lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched The Shallows and liked it. 47 Meters Down looks fun too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Shallows is currently running on HBO? Thanks for the tip, I've wanted to watch that for a while! I also recently finished the book Shark Island so I'm kinda in the mood for more shark movies/books at the moment :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  5. And Shark Week starts soon too. There will be all kinds of shows and movies during leading up to and during the week of sharks.
    Have you tried the Meg series by Steve Alten. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Forgot to mention the Sharknado movies. Campy fun. And Chuckles up there covered others I've watched.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shark moves are great to binge watch. I prefer the hybrid shark moves on SiFi. Sharknado was my favorite. Jaws the first will always be one of my favorite movies ever. I was never a fan of any of the other ones. The original was the best.
    Shark week starts soon too, that is always fascinating to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you are having a Shark summer!! I remember liking that Lou Diamond Phillips shark movie called Red Water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I can't remember if I actually liked the movie... or just Lou Diamond Phillips. LOL.

      Delete