Tuesday, July 11, 2017

July Musts & Mights - Better Late Than Never????


So once again I'm running late with this feature and I definitely see a trend going on.  Perhaps it's because I was on vacation and got lazy.  Or perhaps it's because I read quite a few books on vacation that I don't know where to place them on this list so I've continued to procrastinate.  Either way, I'm going to give it the good old college try.  As many know, I participating in the COYER Summer Reading List Challenge and already posted the 30 books on that list.  That pretty much covers the Mights so just look for a link.  However, there are definitely a few I need to make priority in July.  '

Also, every time I finish 5 from the list, I can add 5 new ones and I've not officially announced them yet so I'm adding that at the bottom of this post.

MUSTS:

MIGHTS:

NEW READING LIST ADDS:


So I've added a book I need to read for a tour, one Stormi and I are buddy reading for our August feature and Jaws!

17 comments:

  1. I read Jaws during my younger days of shark obsession but I wasn't greatly impressed with it. A bit like Meg, it focuses too much on the characters sex lives!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's usually something that has me rooted for a quick and gory death. We'll see...

      Delete
  2. I'm curious to hear your thoughts on Gwendy's Button Box, I've heard some mixed things, but I trust your judgement:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just finished it yesterday and my review goes up tomorrow. I really liked it but definitely not one of his best in my opinion. Too short!

      Delete
  3. haha I see I'm not the only one behind because of vacation. Man, sometimes you regret taking a vacation! I heard The Lost Boy and Missing are good so good they are a MUST :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You HAVE to read Lost Boy - it's awesome!

      Delete
  4. Missing! I thought that one was pretty good...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I think I grabbed it from the library after seeing how much you enjoyed it.

      Delete
  5. I'm excited to see Jaws on your reading list. It's quite different from the movie, not to mention very flawed, but it is definitely a must-read for anyone curious to see what made it in and what got cut out from the adaptation!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had it for over a year so it's about time I got to it.

      Delete
  6. Oo some of these sound so good. Also, I hope you love Jaws! I read that a few years back and I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it since I love the movie so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ADORE the movie but since I am seem to be on a shark kick, figured I ought to finally pick up the book.

      Delete
  7. I feel like I should try to read Jaws but that movie used to scare me as a child. Maybe I should check out the audio.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks good! The Thirteenth Gate looks interesting. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read The Daemonica last year (the first one) and REALLY loved it. Excited to get to this one and the cover is soooo much better than the first.

      Delete
  9. I read Jaws a few years ago and it was okay but a bit different than the movie. It was like the movie took all the shark parts and built a movie around it cause those where the only things that I thought went with the movie...lol.

    ReplyDelete