Sunday, September 17, 2023

Farm News - September 17, 2023

 

I'm getting a late post up this weekend and honestly don't have a lot to report.  I'm suffering from the beginnings of a migraine as I write this and am hoping I caught it in time before it gets too bad.  It was a busy week at work (as busy as it can get when you are privileged enough to work from home) as my boss was at a major conference in Atlanta all week and half our unit was in the state capital at another conference for 3 days.  I have a retreat coming up early in October I am dreading and then Mr. Barb has a week-long conference the week after I return.  Apollo does not do well when both his people are not home at night.

I have been reading a lot and managed to finish two books this week.  Look for a review of Hemlock Island from Kelley Armstrong coming up sometime this week and Stormi and I are still plugging away on It.  I need to get to page 390 by the end of this coming week which should be easily done as I am on 320 right now.  It helps mixing other books in with it.  As far as currently reading, I also started Schader's Chord.


I also managed to receive a couple of arcs from Netgalley this week.  I had totally given up on getting an early copy of The Twelve Dogs of Christmas which releases on October 17th but I opened my email this week and there was the approval I was waiting for. And by the way, am I the only one bothered by the fact there are only 8 dogs on the cover?  I used to read a lot of MaryJanice Davidson books quite some time ago and loved her Betsy the Vampire Queen series.  I am sure Road Queens will offer a fun read with a fair share of humor.  It publishes on November 28th.  And finally, I received The Locked Door by Freida McFadden.  I read The Housemaid earlier this year and enjoyed the twists and turns and am excited to see what this one holds.


So I hope you all have had a wonderful week.  It's nice and rainy here today so I'm off to curl up with a blanket, a dog and a doorstep - oops, I mean my copy of It.

9 comments:

  1. I hope your migraine goes away! Road Queens looks good. Yeah, only 8 dogs? Why aren't they all on there? Maybe the others are on the back? lol Hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope this week is more even keel. Happy reading!

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your migraine goes away and didn't turn too bad. That Susan Wiggs book looks really good. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Curious to see what you thought of Hemlock Island. I thought it was okay until it went off the rails in the second half!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to read Hemlock Island so I hope you liked it. :) And I hope the migraine went away...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol about the 8 dogs on the cover. I definitely would have noticed that, and it bugs me too. Hopefully your migraine is gone, enjoy the rain!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you are feeling better now Barb! I didn’t notice that there was only eight dogs - now it will bother me too! Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice looking assortment of books. I read Hemlock Island and thought it was okay. I hope you enjoy it. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry you have to go to a retreat you don't want to. 😔

    I need to do a re-read of It at some point, but it won't be this year. I'll be looking for your review. 📙

    I hope you caught your migraine in time. 🙁

    ReplyDelete