Thursday, March 28, 2024

Now THAT Was Interesting!

 

TITLE: That Time I Got Drunk and Yeeted a Love Potion at a Werewolf (Mead Mishaps #2)
AUTHOR: Kimberly Lemming
PUBLISHER: Orbit
PUBLISHING DATE: February 6, 2024
PAGES: 288   
SOURCE: Library


FROM GOODREADS: Cheesemaker Brie has the world’s worst luck in love, which is how she ends up falling for a lactose intolerant werewolf, in this raunchy, laugh-out-loud rom-com fantasy by the genre’s freshest new voice, Kimberly Lemming.
Brie’s never been particularly coordinated…or lucky. Who else would accidentally throw a drink at someone’s head only to miss entirely and hit a stranger behind them? And who else would have that stranger fall madly in love with them because it turns out that the drink she threw was a love potion? Yeah, probably just Brie.… 
Running her cheese business and dealing with a pirate ship full of demons that just moved into town was hard enough. Now on top of it, she has to convince a werewolf that she’s not really his fated mate. Though even she’s got to admit…having a gorgeous man show up and do all her chores while telling her she’s beautiful isn’t the worst thing to happen to a girl.

MY THOUGHTS: I was very excited to dive into this book after recently reading the first one so when my hold arrived on Libby, I grabbed it right away.  And I'm glad I did because this one so much fun.

This book takes place several months after the first one.  Cinnamon and her new demon husband have moved back to Cinnamon's hometown and brought their merry group of misfit monsters and demons with them. Brie is Cinnamon's best friend who is actively being pursued by the town jerk.  He obtains a love potion and when he attempts to use it on Brie, everything backfires and she manages to throw it away from her but hits Felix, a werewolf. Felix believes that Brie is his fated mate and imprints on her, but Brie feels it is just the influence of the potion.  She is afraid of falling for him and getting her heart broke when the potion wears off.  

While that is the main jest of the take, there's still plenty of other action going on.  Young women are mysteriously disappearing and Felix, Cin, Brie and Fallon team up to figure out what is going on.  A weird cult is trying to take over where the last cruel princess took over, but can the gang stop them in time?

This book is best not taken too seriously.  I love all the characters, humans, demons and monsters alike, and it's a fun universe to lose yourself in for a while.  I will say this installment was a bit steamier than the first one but as stuff like that doesn't bother me, I didn't mind. Felix is so darn cute that I really wanted things to work out between him and Brie.

If you love cozy fantasy books with a heavy helping of spice, then this is DEFINITELY the book for you.  I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of the third one from Libby and can't wait to see what the author has in store for our next set of main characters.

MY RATING: 5 PAWS



2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear these are so good for you!

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Felix in the first book, so I'm glad he's one of the MCs in this one. I need to make time to read this!

    ReplyDelete