Thursday, April 4, 2019

March Down For the Count!


So for a while, I was actually concerned about the amount of books I read in March.  I started off really strong probably because Mr. Barb had surgery early in the month and I took off several days to help him.  While doing so, I basically sat around and read while he watched TV so I could be close by if he needed anything.  I also read while waiting for his outpatient procedure and then while he was in recovery.  But then I picked up a book that kind of dragged me down.  However, imagine my surprised when I looked at my tally and realized I read 10 books in March.  Also, some challenges are looking pretty good while others need more focus.  So on to the recap!

The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein: Kiersten White 4/5
(Dancing with Fantasy - Necromancers, Library Lovers)

My Boyfriend is a Bear: Pamela Ribon 3/5
(What An Animal, Library Lovers)

Please Don't Feed the Mayor: Sue Pethick 4/5
(Library Lovers)

On This, the Day of the Pig: Josh Malerman 4/5
(What An Animal)

Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels #3): Ilona Andrews 4/5
(Dancing with Fantasy - Warriors, Library Lovers)

The Chrysalis: Brendan Deneen 4/5
(Library Lovers)

Riverdale: The Day Before: Micol Ostow 3/5

In the Valley of the Sun: Andy Davidson 2/5
(Cloak & Dagger)

Prince: The Last Interview and Other Conversations: 4/5
(Library Lovers)

The Homecoming: Andrew Pyper 3/5
(Cloak & Dagger, Library Lovers)


I really can't believe I didn't have a 5/5  read all month but I had a few 4/5.  I think my favorite was "The Chrysalis" closely followed by "Magic Strikes."  My least favorite had to be "In the Valley of the Sun" which was so disappointing because I wanted to love it.


TOTAL PAGE COUNT: 2838

So how was your March???


17 comments:

  1. There are so many of these books that I want to read. I think you just filled up my April and May list. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a great reading month, Barb! It is nice that you were able to fit in a few books while taking care of Mr. Barb. I hope you have a great April!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, it was a pretty low-key couple of days which was nice.

      Delete
  3. Aw, I'm sorry you didn't have any 5 star reads, but it sounds like you still have a great reading month. Bummer about In the Valley of the Sun. I hope you land on some 5 stars in April!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope Mr. Barb is okay. Congrats on reading 10 books. Happy April!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, just gall bladder surgery. He's now able to eat without much issue so he's happier too.

      Delete
  5. Yep, those books that you have really high expectations for and really want to love really do get to you.
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do. It's such a let-down. I'm still not quite over the what's wrong with me stage since so many others loved it!

      Delete
  6. I adored The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein, loved it! I have to review it once I am on my spring break - next week! Looks like you had a full March! Here's to a great April!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to review it but I did find it really enjoyable. As time passed, I think I like it even more.

      Delete
  7. March was mixed-the first two weeks was good and productive but all the work in and outside the house made me too tired to read the last two weeks. I can't find the energy right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's that time of year to do projects so I completely understand.

      Delete
  8. You had a lot if 4/5s! I want to read The Dark Descent. I don't think I've seen a bad review for it yet. 👍✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty good. If it makes sense, I like it more now that some time has passed since I read it.

      Delete
  9. https://Buildyourownshedsite.Wordpress.com/2018/04/14/jak-odzyskac-dziewczyne/ https://articlesbaseblog.wordpress.com/2018/04/17/dowiedz-sie-jak-poderwac-dziewczyne/ https://articlesbaseblog.wordpress.com/2018/04/17/dowiedz-sie-jak-poderwac-dziewczyne/ https://articlesbaseblog.wordpress.com/2018/04/17/dowiedz-sie-jak-poderwac-dziewczyne/ The Bengali film industry has become there since 1890sed a lot and so has the variety of film lovers.
    I suspect that the clue to this thinking lay behind the tattoo right across his forehead which simply read:
    "Mind the Gap". But Nothing To Do With You expose another side of The Pigeon Detectives.

    https://buildyourownshedsite.wordpress.com/2018/04/14/jak-odzyskac-dziewczyne/

    ReplyDelete