Thursday, February 18, 2021

2 Bloggers 1 Book - Don't Move

 

Stormi and I had several books we wanted to read together this month which is why you are seeing double this feature.  We both had this book on our TBRs for a while and decided it was finally time to crack down and read it.  So read on to see my thoughts and then make sure to hop over to Stormi's at  Books, Movies, Reviews! Oh My! to see her opinion! 

TITLE: Don't Move
AUTHORS: James S. Murray and Darren Wearmouth
PUBLISHER: Blackstone Publishing
PUBLISHING DATE: October 20, 2020
PAGES: 250
SOURCE: Kindle Library

FROM GOODREADS: 

Megan Forrester has barely survived the unthinkable. Six months ago, she witnessed a horrific accident that killed her husband and son, and lives with the guilt of knowing she could have done more to save them. Now, Megan hopes to mend the pieces of her broken spirit by attending a local church group's annual camping trip. But the church group members-riddled with dark secrets of their own-make a catastrophic navigational mistake, leaving them stranded in an untouched canyon in the West Virginian national forest. 
Isolated from any chance of help or rescue, Megan and the others quickly realize why this side of the canyon has never been surveyed by mankind: it's home to a terrifying prehistoric arachnid that patiently stalks its prey through even the slightest movement or vibration in the forest. And it's desperate for a meal. 
Grief-stricken and haunted by her tragic loss, Megan now faces her ultimate test of endurance. Can she outwit a bloodthirsty creature hellbent on ensuring that no one gets out of alive? When a single wrong turn can mean death, she only has one option: DON'T MOVE.

MY THOUGHTS:  I wanted to really love this book.  I was so excited to finally read it and while I did enjoy it, it didn't quite live up to my expectations.

The book starts off with a bang when Megan's husband and son are killed in a tragic accident.  And let me tell you, the authors left nothing to the imagination on that one.  Six months later she is joining church group on a trip from New York to a national forest in West Virginia.  Megan is trying her best to function again after her life was destroyed and she is using the trip to heal.  However, not only does she not have an idea what is waiting for her, she also didn't count on a ragtag group of characters which made up one strange church group in my honest opinion.

Let's just say that West Virginia might have some caves with some big bad-ass spiders living in them.  Being a West Virginian myself, I want to know EXACTLY where they are so I can either avoid them, or lead clueless victims toward them 😜  I really liked Megan and she was a very strong and independent characters.  Everyone on the trip needed to thank their lucky stars that she was with them.  The rest of the crew I could do without.  There was an elderly couple who had their grandson in tow and he was so annoying that sadly I was not-so-secretly wishing for his demise.  Emma, the Pastor's daughter, might have  been okay if it weren't for both her ex-boyfriend and current boyfriend both being on the same trip.  And the lead tour guide, I never did trust him and everyone believed that because he worked in the Lowe's garden department he was capable of leading them into the hills of West Virginia.

The book had lots of action and if  you like creature horror, it's a decent enough read.  However, the ending fell flat for me and I think had it been done differently, I might have enjoyed it more. Overall it was a decent read and it really wasn't a long one so if you want a quick read it might be one to grab.  

RATING: 3 PAWS


4 comments:

  1. Well, the spider part of this sounds like fun, not so sure about the annoying characters...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creature horror books can be a lot of fun. It's too bad the ending fell flat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darn what a pity! This is exactly my kind of plot but the love triangle thing and a poor ending means I reckon I'll give it a miss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. drat. glad you enjoyed it though it was a bit of a letdown for you. i think sometimes my anticipation for a book i really want to love creates the letdown
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete