Sunday, April 28, 2024

Farm News - April 28, 2024

 


Wanted to get a quick post up as I know with my training this week, I might be a bit absent.  I hope to schedule a few reviews ahead of time and do my usual Wednesday post, but we will see.  I won't be home until around 6pm in the evenings and then I'm sure I'll be wiped.  Working from home has its advantages but it sure does make it hard to operate in the real world sometimes.

The boys are doing great.  We had an outside Easter Egg hunt with them Saturday.  We take the plastic eggs and put treats in them, and they love finding them and getting their prize.  They enjoyed it so much around Easter we decided to do it for them periodically all year round.  Zeke has an incident about 2 weeks ago where he threw up for 2 days (but only once per day) and the vet felt it might be allergies, so he takes liquid Benadryl before bed each night and it seems to be helping.  Daddy took vacation this coming week to stay with them while I'm in training so I'm sure they will love some much-needed Daddy Time.

We watched a great but sad movie this week.  It's called Dogman and I highly recommend it, but it is super sad.  To the best of my recollection, no dogs died but there were TONS of them in the movie.  We also watched a lot of the football draft since it was that time of year again.  I know of two Marshall players who were drafted, which I always enjoy seeing.

I am currently reading Nightwing as a Buddy Read with Stormi for Old School April.  I am really enjoying it and love picking up older horror.  I also got some great books from Netgalley and the publishers this week and when I say great, I mean great.  




Bellevue: Robin Cook

Cursed Under London: Gabby Huchinson Crouch

My Three Dogs: W. Bruce Cameron

This Cursed House: Del Sandeen

My Vampire Plus-One: Jenna Lavine

Lucy Undying: Kiersten White


So, I hope everyone had a wonderful week and if you are in the path of the numerous storms which seem pretty common this April, I hope you are staying safe.

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with training! I know what you mean about working from home. I've become a hermit, lol, and I dread having to go out sometimes (although I do go into the office every month or so). I just requested Lucy Undying, and I also got This Cursed House, super exciting! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Old school april that sounds interesting is that a challenge thing. Good luck with your training. Have a great reading week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the training is more fun than expected. Yay for the really good books! Happy reading.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got some great books this week! I love that you're doing the Easter Egg hunt with the dogs more to keep them happy. Good luck with the training this week! Hopefully it is good, although yeah, I am guessing you'll be wiped every day afterwards as well. Have a good week!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with training! Sometimes I really miss working from home. I suspect I'm an extreme introvert. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you don't find the training as exhausting as you think - that said, it's particularly difficult after working from home. I love the idea of giving the dogs a hunt for treats - it must be gloriously stimulating for them:)). I hope the week is a kind one for you, Barb.

    ReplyDelete